3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: delays at Chekmate??  (Read 263 times)

Offline Shingleback

• Trad Bowhunter
delays at Chekmate??
« on: December 04, 2010, 06:11:00 AM »
Hi Folks,

I'm new on here and from Australia but I was wondering if anyone knows whats happening at Chekmate. Ordered a bow over 12months ago that was due to be ready in 6months and I've still got no indication when it will be ready. Already paid a 50% deposit so I can't just cancel my order but I'm just a little worried that I may never see the bow.

If anyone can give me a heads up then that would be great.

Cheers

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: delays at Chekmate??
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
Did you order from a dealer or from the factory?
John

Offline bamacrazy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
Don't know. When I ordered mine a few years ago it took about 9 months to get it. I checked their web site recently and there was a notice that they were not taking anymore orders. I posted the question on another board and did not get a response.

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
apparently since the bowyer bought the company they have moved into a new facility which has resulted in a significant slowdown. They're not taking new custom orders until they take care of the existing orders.

They've been a standup company for decades and I expect the bowyer marc would continue the tradition. The fact that they're not taking new orders shows, in my mind, that they're serious about getting production back to where eit was before the move.

That said O wpuld hope that the Chek Mate or their reps would issue a post to let everyone know what is going on.
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »
If you ordered from me, I will give a full refund if you want.  The delay was a complete surprise to us all, and I honestly don't know when Marc will be able to catch up.  

When we figured out that things weren't going as planned with the move, I quit taking orders, to keep others from waiting.

Since the wait has gone well beyond what we expected,I will give a full refund on deposits--no penalty, no hard feelings, and if you want to order later when things are back to normal we'll be happy to take care of you.

Chek-Mate has been one of the best deals in the business for 40+ years.  Marc has just hit a snag, but I'm sure he'll get things going as soon as he can.  It's been his living for the past 25 years or so, well before he took it over.

If you have any questions, whether you ordered from me or not, just contact me via phone or e-mail and I'll do my best to help.

Chad

Offline bamacrazy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »
Thanks for the update Chad. Glad to hear things are ok. BTW, I love my King's Pawn!

Offline mj seratt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »
I would just like to add that Chek-Mate has been wonderfully generous with our club, Lost Tribe Trad Archers of Tennessee, over the years.  Dealing through Chad(LBR), they have donated several beautiful bows to help us with our charity benefit program.  St. Jude has been one of several benefactors.  I would certainly trust Chad and Chek-Mate to do the right thing.

Murray
Murray Seratt

Offline mj seratt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 12:54:00 AM »
Sorry, I meant beneficiaries.  I type like I shoot.
Murray Seratt

Offline Shingleback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 02:49:00 AM »
G'Day guys, thanks for the re-assurances it's always a stress when buying things overseas. So does anyone know when Chekmate will get back on track?

Offline Wal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »
I'd say take Chad up on his offer mate, of some  correspondence and info, and shoot him an e-mail, seems like a very stand up bloke to jump on here and make the offer to help you out and it's not his bunny  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  

Cheers

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »
Chad IS a stand up guy.  He will help you in any way possible.  I got the pleasure of hunting with him a couple of years ago and really enjoyed spending time with him as well as learning several tricks of the trade.  Also he makes excellent strings.  Contact him!!!!!!

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline Gitnadoix

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 03:13:00 PM »
I too have a order in but have no problem with waiting, as I know the wait is worth it. There is currently a plethora (been waiting to use that word since the "3 Amigo's") of Marc's bows under my roof. \\The whole family shoots them and Marc's suport of Archery and archery clubs is well documented....so it just means more time daydreaming till it arives...

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
I spoke to Chad recently about my Hunter III that was ordered in Feb.  Even though it may be a little longer wait, some things are just worth waiting for; like one if Marcs beauties.

As others have noted, Marc & Chad are top shelf all the way!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline highnoonhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
I ordered a Crusader from Chad once, and the time frame went longer then specified..... Chad refunded my full amount no questions asked....

You can't beat that! Chad is a good feller!
Member: Christian Bowhunters of America
Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild, Inc.
-
Holmes Mongoose reverse handle longbow. 63" 63@28
Longriver Longbow: 69" 69@28
Kolometz Kustom Longbow 66" 76@28

Offline Timbuck2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »
I purchased a new Check-Mate a few years ago through Chad and he & C-M were great to deal with.

They sure produce a great product and I hope they are able to get back to normal buisness operations soon.

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
still a few places out there that have some stock bows.
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline Dwight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 11:40:00 PM »
Chad is a stand up guy. I put in an order for a Chek Mate bow almost a year ago and Chad returned my deposit when I told him I had found the bow I was looking for at another dealer. Greg at G&M Archery told me he has a few CMs in stock.
Dwight Harley

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »
the bows are worth the wait. I am sure Marc will get the schedule back. But again Chad who I ordered from is a good guy to deal with. I would recommend both people ( Marc / Chad )
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©