3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Holm-Made Osprey longbow  (Read 215 times)

Offline Dave Paradowski

• Trad Bowhunter
Holm-Made Osprey longbow
« on: December 05, 2010, 09:01:00 AM »
How many shoot the Osprey by Chad Holm, and what are your thoughts on the bow?

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Holm-Made Osprey longbow
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
Search 1 Osprey  
   Search 2  Osprey
   Search 3 Osprey

Here are three previous posts on this bow.  You can use the search function..type in osprey and highlight Powwow and hit enter using the search button first.  There were some more threads on this.
Maybe some of the other folks will jump in. Good luck with your search and welcome to Tradgang!   :wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
Very nice bows. Very smooth, quiet and quick. The only thing I would change about mine is to add a little more palm swell in the grip. An excellent bow overall.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
About as fine a Hybrid Style Bow you'll find & Chad's a Real Good Dude !!! The Bows are Plenty Smooth & Very Quick ,, Craftsmanship Flawless ,, Just wished he made a 64''er ,, Get one, my guess is you'll LOVE it ....

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
If he made a 64" or 66" er. I would have one.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
Chad's bows speak for themselves. Craftsmanship and performance are both excellent.

"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.
Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark!"

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
I now have a 64" Osprey.  I just haven't gotten around to making the "announcement" yet.  Thanks for the nice comments.  Chad

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
I don't have an Osprey, but I do have a Recurve of Chad's. Great bow and a fine man to talk to.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
Warning ! Warning !Warning !

All right you've been warned !

If you buy one of his bows ,You are highly likely to buy another !!!

I purchased one this past February.  And then I purchased another one before June ! And then !

"Big red" Became available that was a brand new bow made for someone in Mi. ,And for some crazy reason he sold it, And I was in the right place it the right time ,It only had about 50 arrows put through it,It's a wonder How some guys can hang on to any bows ,So here's what I have

43# @ 29 That's my target Bow

36# @29 "Come On !" That's the bow I use for working on my form ,It has wood carving and burning in the riser a ,A deer jumping over a fence on one side (The butt )And the head and antlers on the other side.

And "Big Red" 47# @ 29" This one has a lot a fine detail in it ,The riser has three different woods in it, And Chad matched the limb tips with that same wood , In the riser has a little bit more palm in the riser And also the sight window is a little bit smaller ,This bow was made to the specs of the man who ordered it ,He didn't have a very long and sold it ,And because of my "Osprey addiction "Now I have it.

Chad has offered to take the bow and change it for me to a bigger sight window ,I told him "You're not touching it

"I like it the way it is.

Chad will make you anything that you can come up with in a bow. Every time I've purchased a bow, and I'm able to go and pick up my bows ,He has spent 2 to 3 hours with me every time to make sure the bow fits me perfectly .He is a fantastic person to work with ,He is very artistic in the way he puts woods together ,And his finish work is just fantastic .

Every one of my bows are fast ,Smooth all the way to anchor ,And quiet as a fall leaf dropping in the forest .

The only reason I don't have the fourth osprey,Is because I have found my weight limit for my shoulder ,I could say it's taken me hundreds of bows to get to the one's that works for me ,But that's not the case it's only been about 15 of them ,Once I got one of chad's bows
"The hunt was over "

I thoroughly enjoy shooting a quality bow. This particular bow Also was made so that it is a "61"
So I would talk to Chad if you want some specifics ,He's very accommodating .

I do apologize the photos do not do them justice ,And this particular bow also has "Black glass "

Thanks for looking

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Dave Paradowski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »
Thank you for the replies, I bought an Osprey at Denton Hill this past summer. I really like this bow but I haven't read much about it.

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »
I shot Chads bows quite a bit last summer at Comptons.It was hard not buy one believe me.All the models shoot sweet and the Osprey is no exception.I really enjoyed it and would have full confidence in the bowyers service after buying a bow.

Thumbs up!

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
I may have to call you about that 64"e Chad.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
Never owned an Ospey but bought a River Runner from Chad and it is one of the quietest and best performing recurves I have ever had!  Nice bow!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©