3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Time to punch my Kansas buck tag!! (Hard work and a little luck pays off "RECOVERED")  (Read 1557 times)

Offline GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN

• Trad Bowhunter
That is unbelievable, those animals are so tough. Glad you found him.
Big River 1pcs longbows 60 47@26
Big River 2pcs longbow 62in 50@26
Big River Flatbow 60in 57@26
Dave Ricke Recurve 60in 47@26
WISCONSIN TRADITIONAL ARCHERS
Neosho Archers

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
Everything should have been in front of the diaphram so I don't think it was gut at all, Plus the arrow was clean only lung blood on it. As a matter of fact the blood trail was all lung blood for the first 100 yds.

I just recounted and it was the 8th and 9th rib, sorry.  :knothead:  

I think it was low right lung hit and barely the left, no liver and No gut!! But I'm open for discussion   :dunno:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wow i still cant believe he lived that long.Like you said 2 inches to low.I really enjoy seeing pictures like this helps all of us out we better understand just how tough deer are, and the shot looks very good now i can see why you where so disturbed that you couldnt find the deer.My hats off to you   :clapper:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline bad arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
More sweet than bitter. Happy you found him this soon at least....Phil

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
And yes no guts.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Ben and everybody, I wish things would have turned out better and I was glad I could show the picks for us to learn from me included.

No hero picks this time for me though!!

I will do my best to find a way to display this bruiser old buck on my wall, All broken up and busted up and not the biggest buck in the woods but one tuff animal!!   :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    ;)  

Thanks Charlie for the wonderful bow and Treekiller for the awesome arrows.

Kirk my hats off to you buddy for getting ahold of me and stepping up when I needed it I owe you my friend!! and Bubbles  :D  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm sure it is bittersweet Tracy, but glad that you found him to put closure to the wondering about what happened.  Most often we never get that chance.

This is a game of inches, as your story so well demonstrates.  We all can learn from that, and that is another one of the great things about this websites.  Personally, I'm surprised even after seeing the pics that he survived so long.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
You know Tracy, 9 out of 10 bucks probably would have died within a couple minutes from the very same shot you made. You just never know when #10 will come down the trail.

Keep your head up and your nose in the wind my friend!
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW!! Incredible story. Wow. Do you think it's possible you shot him with a broadhead that you had been practicing with? and forgot to re-sharpen, Just grasping for straws. I can't believe he lived that long

You're a very honorable man.

Thanks for sharing
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm surprised to Joe.

Very true Ron and thats a great way to put it, Thanks buddy!!

Tad, Go back and check the picks of the blood trail one of the better I have been on. I could have posted 50 picks that all looked the same massive... I touched up and sharpened all broadheads the day before this hunt.   :)  

Tracy

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Your a hero to me Tracy! Glad you were able to find him. Still unreal!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wow, what an amazing story. Glad you were able to put the unknown to rest. Truly a magnificent animal.

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
What a TUFF old buck!! Glad you found him.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
Glad to see you found him.  :thumbsup:
Mel Riley

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
6 days with a hemo/pneumothorax...WOW! Like Ron said, he was just plain crazy tough. I mean look at his rack. That tough guy doesn't look like a deer that lays down and quits...AMAZING! Congrats again on the find my friend. I know not having the meat bothers you but you did EVERYTHING to find that deer. Keep your head up and go kill some of those turkies that are running you over  :)
Mike Davenport

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow! Way to keep up with him and not give up.

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome job! Persistance and a little help from a fellow tradganger and you get some closure.  Strange things happen sometimes, glad you found him.
God is good, all the time!!!

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good deal Tracy!! Things like that have a way of eatin at you! Glad you found him!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Tracy...fantastic news!

Tim

glad you found your buck,been there done that!
and it sucks.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©