3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: cabelas wooltimate ??  (Read 1044 times)

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: cabelas wooltimate ??
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
Great stuff.  I love being able to throw it in the washer.  Only con is the windshear on cold days I notice to make noise when I move.
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Cecil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
I have the paints vest and jacket. I have had the paints and vest about 5 years. it does make a little noise but it will keep you warm.

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
I have the vest and jacket. I love both of them.

I had the pants and sent them back. I did not like the fit of them. Seemed to be an excessive amount of material in the crotch area. Kinda felt like I was wearing a full diaper.
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
I'm an X/L. 6'1" 215lbs with long arms, a 30" draw. I ordered the X/L in the Jacket, Henley and Vest. The Jacket was perfect but the Henley and Vest were a little on the big side for layering under the jacket. I was concerned with the Windshear liner and no stretch about being too small. Reordered the Vest and Henley in a large and it's perfect. The X/L stuff is heading back, seems to be a little larger than most X/L from other manufacturers. I think I'm going to love this stuff for Michigan's December hunting and you can't beat the price.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
I've got the pants and coat.  Very warm and quiet.  In fact too warm for Colo bow season (Sept) and I want wear them in my Whitetail woods because of the burrs.. I got them for a Canadian bear hunt and stayed every warmmmmmm
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
Read this thread and just ordered them - good prices right now

Thanks guys!

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
Thamks all for the input it has really really helped me and I'd say a few others to...Thanks again.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline DXH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
Any thoughts on the two camo styles from the wooltimate? based on treestand hunting?
Ben Pearson Cougar 40#
PSE Black Hawk T/D 55#
Bamboo backed Osage Self bow 57#
Ivory Hunter 60#

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
I think they both look good but for late season when I would be wearing them I like the regular outfitter myself. Where I hunt I think it will blend better.

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
I've worn a wooltimate coat and vest for several years, but mine do not have the windshear lining.  I tried the lined versions on in the Dundee MI store and was shocked at how noisy the protective lining was, and that was at room temperature.  I prefer to layer up under what I have and know that it will remain quiet.  The pattern is very good, large shapes, with substantial light areas to avoid looking like a dark blob.  The fabric gets rougher over time which helps break up light.  No shine.
Gary Logsdon

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 06:15:00 AM »
I have a set of Outfitter wool bibs and vest...worth every penny and I bought it not on sale a couple years ago. This year I bought the Wooltimate jacket and vest on sale...worth the non sale price. All mine has the windsheer lining. Plenty quiet. I used to have the berber fleece outfitter camo vest with windsheer. I left it on the hood of my truck in the dark (I think)and lost it. That was my favorite hunting vest for years. I also use the Outfitter Pro hunting boots. I have found the Outfitter line from Cabelas to be an exceptional value and everything I have had so far is very high quality.

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 07:58:00 AM »
I just ordered some pants to try, the sale price is a heck of a deal. Sounds like its a good product from the comments.

Offline bad arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
Thanks for starting this post mooseeye. The reason I'm not out there this morning is its 12 degrees, have nothing warm and the only stuff I have is cotton jackets and bulky bibs. I just ordered the wooltimate jacket.Thanks again....Phil

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »
I have bibs,vest and jacket, put it on after I get settled in the stand, get too hot wearing it while moving there.I can finnally stay on stand in really cold weather, I love it!
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline Bullfrog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
WOW, I have some of this stuff coming sounds NICE and I will save about 500 bucks.   BILL

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by DXH:
does it matter between the outfitter high plains camo or just the outfitter? for treestand hunting
I have the high plains. Looked like a great color in the magazine. In reality it's way too light colored for  my area. Should have gotten the regular outfitter but it took me too long to decide. I still wear it and love the warmth. Not too bulky or heavy.
Romans 8:28

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
Cabelas is sure going to be proud of us!

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
I paid $155 three years ago. Those sale prices are killing me. I gotta find some cash to get the pants to go with my jacket. If I had the dough I'd buy another jacket as well just to stick away for down the road. The jacket is that good. I wear a light under armour hoodie for the walk out and then slip the jacket on. Hunted yesterday 25 degrees with a 14 mile per hour wind for 4 hours and was warm as can be.
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
I wear my wooltimate vest out to the stand , and then i put on the outfitter wool parka, it is a perfect combination and i stay toasty warm, even with the cold temps here in Michigan,   and now I just might be getting the wooltimate pants to match for christmas,    just a heads up the wool is on sale at cabelas as well as the wooltimate
Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »
For those that have done both, is the Dry Plus lining quieter than the Windshear??  

I'm wanting a good set of bibs, they dont make them in Woolimate, but they do in Outfitters wool with Dry Plus. And wich is heavier fabric, Wooltimate or the Outfitters??

Thanks

Eric

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©