3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KUIU!  (Read 2027 times)

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KUIU!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 12:18:00 PM »
If it is the same Alaska Kuiu island I know of it has some world class black bear hunting! Used to be real popular and the quality suffered a bit. I believe it is back to being fairly good. Like most hunting, the harder the place is to reach the better the hunting. You'll need good gear like KUIU is proported to be to hunt the island.

Offline bro-n-arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
JASON- Best of luck on your new venture! Leonard
Psalm 71:18 Now also when I am old and gray-headed,O God, do not forsake me,Until I declare your strength to this generation.

Offline PSUBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »
Peter, what can you tell me about the pants. I am in the market for a set of quality pants and was just about ready to order a pair from Sitka, but would like to know more info about your pants first.

I am looking at a lightweight pant, similiar to the Sitka Mountain Pant. What is the material these pants are made of? Thanks

Offline Brute killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
WHere is it made?
Martin
"The first deer that gets close enough and I'm goin Womack on his ass!! " Charlie Lamb

Offline Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
Love the pics on the blog. Looking forward to these products.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
Peter, Jason is just a scrawney lil 'ol linebacker. I'm an offensive lineman, you gonna fit me too?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
Biggie you keep on thinning down you'll be in that stuff in no time.  Looking forward to trying some of this stuff out.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 01:34:00 PM »
So, Peter and/or Curt,  are you guys still affiliated with Sitka Gear (pro-staff),  or is this a completely seperate association with Mr. Hairston, and his new KUIU venture.
Thanks,  Burnsie
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
Looks like it is going to be excellent stuff!  Merino wool is my favorite!

Offline T. Downing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
Jason has announced the Kuiu price list today on the website. What he is doing is absolutely incredible. I have never witnessed a retail business conduct itself with such integrity.
Check it out:  http://kuiu.wordpress.com/
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127 4-5

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'll do my best to answer your questions:
Rusty, as far as fit goes. KUIU will be working hard with our designers to offer a wide range of sizes. Being a big guy, you know that sometimes its hard to get the fit you'd like. We will do our best to accomodate as large a range of sizing as possible.

Biggie: Jason and I love big Ol Lineman...and I just love you! I think we're going as large as 3XL...but if we have nothing to cover your "Biggieness"...I will personally sew 2 of my jackets togther to fit ya!

PSU: The KUIU mountain type pant is awesome. I'm field testing a prototype now. They are lightweight, comfy, and highly durable. They are similiar to the Sitka Mountain pant (which was always my favorite pant Sitka made). The KUIU lightweight pants are made of synthetic material and they are surpisingly comfortable, durable and water resistant. They stretch when you move and have an overall form fit. I cant knock the Sitka Mtn pant...but I think you'll really love the lightweight KUIU pant!

KUIU will be made overseas and our suppliers will be from sveral countries. If you visit our website at  www.kuiu.com  ,  Jason will provide the who, where and how each product is manufactured. Our goal is to be forthright and honest about ALL our products.

For the record, I am no longer associated with Sitak Gear. I had a wonderful relationship with Sitka Gear and they are certainly an excellent product. Jason Hairston was the originator behind Sitka...but before that he was and is my good friend. I left Sitka so that I may continue working with and supporting Jason. KUIU is his "baby" and I'm proud to be associated with, and to be workingg alongside a man I respect as much as Jason.

KUIU is going to be an outstanding product. Our Merino wool is teh finest available today. Our quality control and atteention to detail is exceptional. Our new "CF" Carbon Frame pack will be a "MUST HAVE" for any serious outdoorsman.

Please be patient and realize that KUIU wont officially launch until April of this year. I think all of you will like what KUIU is doing and you'll appreciate our committment to the Trad Hunter!

I may be reached at [email protected] this week. Next week I will post my KUIU email for all. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I will do my best to help.

KUIU is going to be very special!

Thank you,

Peter Iacavazzi
 www.kuiu.com

Offline youngarcher1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
I cant wait till the cite launches it looks great!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
Yes, I think you'll all agree, that our pricing will shake the industry. We will not compromise on quality, but we are offering a direct pricing so that we can pass the savings along to YOU!

Jason Hairston has promised to make KUIU the absolute best. But that he will be fair and honest and make KUIU an affordable item for every man/woman.

Please visit  www.kuiu.com

You will like what we are doing!

Peter Iacavazzi

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
Wow, I'm glad I waited to purchase some "real" hunting clothes.  I would say that KUIU just moved to the top of the list!

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
i am a big fan of the open pattern camo. Wish they made a cotton version for us southern turkey hunters. their Logo rocks.Now this is camo I can wear!
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
Wow that pricing is outstanding!

Peter could you explain a little bit more about the camo outerwear?  For example, what is it made of, what are it qualities, and why would I choose it over wool?
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Molson,

The outerwear will be synthetic. It will be superior in water resistance and in our water proof items (water proof). It will be wind proof and it will be lighter in weight than wool. It will be quicker drying than wool and will be packable.

However, with all that said...We are still designing and selling high quality "Merino Wool" undergarments and layering clothing.

we feel that by combining a Merino Wool base layer with a synthetic outer layer...we can combine the best of "both" worlds.

This way you dont have to choose KUIU over wool...rather KUIU will provide you with what we and I feel is an excellent combination of fabric.

Thank you

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
Excellent Peter. Thanks. The KUIU has definitely got my interest!!    :thumbsup:
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
You're very welcome! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.

Peter
 www.theflagprogram.com

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
Pete are the heavier pants made for say some stand hunting?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©