3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Broahead choice  (Read 513 times)

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
Broahead choice
« on: December 08, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »
Hi,

This is NOT meant  to be another thread about wich broadhead is best or performce best.

I am looking for a 2 blade screw in Broadhead between 125 and 160 grain. I love the desin of the Abowyer heads, the Massai, Tusker Javelina and the like but cant find any screw ins that are lightweight enough and affordable.

Any feedback on a 125-160grn screwin BH that doesnt cost a fortune is much apreciated.(Perhaps you could also tell me where to get them.

Thanks alot
Axel
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broahead choice
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:09:00 AM »
Magnus Stingers are a good 2 blade screw in.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:16:00 AM »
Thanks Rastaman, those are the ones i currently use.
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 07:21:00 AM »
Tusker has a new screw in broadhead. It's a 125 grain Spirit. Braveheart Archery sells them. After clicking on the link, scroll on down the page to see them. You can also buy the 150 grain screw in Javelin at Braveheart too.

http://www.braveheartarchery.us/new_page_2.htm
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »
Saumensch
Get a hold of Tim at Braveheart. You can't get better service and the prices are great as well. He'll take the time to answer all your questions and get you what you need!

Keeping the Faith!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »
Magnus gets my vote.
"It's not the trophy, but the race. It's not the quarry,
but the chase."

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »
The muzzy Phantom comes in that weight range.  You can buy them almost anywhere.
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »
Stingers are hard to beat. Blades are sharp on backs and they can be sharpened. They have a lifetime guarantee. I have sent back bent ones and a box will show up with brand new ones with no questions asked.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
STOS with steel insert of your choice will do the job every time and very affordable. Hard head to beat.
hunt it

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 08:41:00 AM »
Zwickey
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
I am not a two blade fan but wonder why more of you guys don't shoot Ace heads. They are hard to beat and very affordable.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
Bill.
Magnus heads are what I started with and well if it ain't broke.... That doesn't mean I won't use other heads. I guess it's a confidence thing.

Keeping the Faith!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
I like the Zephyr Sasquatch and Scirocco.  Sharp as all get out out of the package...  I have "tweked" the points but I have also killed deer as is.
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
My choice for carbon is the Stricklin Helix single bevel...

The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 08:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bill Carlsen:

I am not a two blade fan but wonder why more of you guys don't shoot Ace heads. They are hard to beat and very affordable.
I don't use Ace broadheads because most of their broadheads have a curved edge, not the straight edge like a STOS broadhead has. I think the only straight edge broadhead ACE has is the 165 grain Ace Express.

I shoot the 160 grain STOS out of my 42# recurve and the 145 grain STOS out of my 37# recurve. Like the ACE, they're strong, the tips don't curl, easy to sharpen and they fly true.

Since I shoot low poundage bows, I prefer the 1 2/16" width of the STOS over the 1 5/16" width of the Ace Express.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
I have not found a two blade that has better flight than a muzzy phantom. But that's just my 2 cent's! Jason

Offline Fischman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
For best price go with 165 grain screw in No Mercy's from 3 rivers.
YOU HAVE TO STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING !!!

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
My opinion, zwickey, magnus,STOS. Simple, fairly inexpensive, easy to resharpen,not assembled..one piece design, I think two blades are by far the best design in the world (thats gonna get me some crap) Less chance of hanging up on anything, fly great when matched properly, penetration can't be beat by any other head with more surface area (more blades). Thats science, not my opinion, less friction. Don't give me a hard time for that comment, argue with a physics professor. There are I'm sure plenty of other two blades out there, I've just never had any reason to go to them. These three have killed every animal I've taken from beaver to bison. I'm sure others have never tried these three for the same reasons.
You'll find your favorite and swear by them one day!
David M. Conroy

Offline TDHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
I second magnus stingers

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
stos nice head indeed they are easy to sharpen as night wing said.
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©