3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: thunder mt lobo  (Read 353 times)

Offline mike edwards

• Trad Bowhunter
thunder mt lobo
« on: May 31, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
hey, was wondering if you all could tell me a little bit about thunder mt bows. i haven't had any experience with their bows and was wondering how well they performed. was considering trading for one. any and all info will be appreciated. thanks,Mike

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: thunder mt lobo
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »
They were made by Jerry Barr,he used to sell them through Valley Traditional Archery.He mainly sold a flatbow and then he came out with a longbow,I think the lobo was a longbow but not sure.I think they are great bows,fast and smooth.I have a Coyote model flatbow,his flatbows have a semi forward handle design with high R/D limbs.The longbows had the same riser design but with narrower deep core limbs compared to the flatbows.Mine is one of his first when he started making them,it has on the riser Proto #4 Coyote.They are great shooting bows in my opinion.I'm not sure Jerry is still making bows he may have retired.My buddy has one also and he loves his.

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
I have a Coyote flatbow too.  It was my first "shorter" longbow and I have had it for 9 or 10 years.  I liked it but things being the way they are I have tried other bows and settled on the Super Shrew models.  I prefer the shrew grip.  I never had any problem with the Coyote flatbow and it is still a good shooter.

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
Jerry isn't making bows anymore. He made a longbow called the coach whip that was a good shooter.

Offline mike edwards

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »
thanks for the info. i had never seen or heard of them before and i have seen and shot ALOT of trad bows. Mike

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
ttt
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©