3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: up and coming predetor hunt???  (Read 166 times)

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
up and coming predetor hunt???
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:04:00 AM »
after jan 1 i have an extreme interest in predetor hunts. bob cat until the end of feb. after that its all coyotes until next september. electronic calls are illegal in n.c. how do you experienced fellas do it, do you work as a 2 man team or solo. whats your setup. im also an agressive hunter i dont hesitate to pull the string but i am patient. any and all advice is appreciated. pics of your kills please i love this stuff. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: up and coming predetor hunt???
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 06:07:00 AM »
Hey Ruddy I am also gonna try to reduce the coyote population around here. I can't give alot of how to on this but I know you can use electronic calls for coyotes in NC.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 06:21:00 AM »
when did they change that law? do you use natural blinds or a double bull blind. blacked out clothes and face??? ruddy

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »
When calling bob cats, addtional patience is required. They are typically much more weary than yotes. You can anticipate them to work their way in 20" to 45" range.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
Here in KY, Jan 1 till March is prime breeding season for yotes, will respond better to calls, challenges, etc, as the dominat pair in each pack will come in to kill or run off a challenger. Yotes will typically come in to a call within 15-20 minutes, if they are going to. A cat may take an hour to come in, they typically will post up in the shadows and sit and observer before committing to come in. Hope this  helps, PM me some more if I can be of help.
samuel koger

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
cool stuff . what about blinds and decoys, like wounded rabbit decoy. does this stuff work could a 2 man team work, such as 1 man elevated shooter. and a ground man calling?

Offline Fischman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
I like to keep setups as natural as possible, those darn predators don't miss a thing, and 2 men work great put the shooter downwind of the caller or e-call so when they circle you have some advantage. decoy or a piece of fur tied to a stick or tree limb takes eyes off the hunter. Good Luck !!
YOU HAVE TO STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING !!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©