3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Coffee on stand/blind  (Read 985 times)

Offline Kevin Lawler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Coffee on stand/blind
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »
How about some Kopi Luwak?

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
Personally, I drink tea when it is cold outside (I do like my coffe also). I have a little Nissan single serving Thermos that I got for fathers day from tevana which is incredible (someone else also mentioned the Nisson Thermos). It fits well in the pocket of my SafariTuff quiver.

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
last time i went , i took a gallon jug of water , and a 32oz noisy handled green thermos. it woulsnt have mattered if i would have just ran an extension cord to my spot and brewed it right there...didnt see so much as a speck of deer...

this year i will be doing the esbit and fresh route.. nothin i hate more than iced coffee....

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
All the people that are mentioning not wanting to have to go to the bathroom,  am I the only one that always carries an empty wide mouth 32 ounce water bottle with them in their pack while hunting?
Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by agross1:
All the people that are mentioning not wanting to have to go to the bathroom,  am I the only one that always carries an empty wide mouth 32 ounce water bottle with them in their pack while hunting?
I dunno man - trees need watering and there's enough urine about without me carrying it around in a 32 oz bottle.

Offline hvac tech

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
well i will have to say i thought i was as serious coffee holic as there was but i will say i never took my thermos to the wood that is were i have drawn the line . but i will admit it does make good sense .i have one of those china thermos  bottles my son got as a saftey thing were he works i might just filler up in the morn before i go hunting .i will say the stanley is my regular tanker for work but the china one is a tad smaller it would fit right in my pack .

Offline 3arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
Lost Arro is right on with the Nissan thermos Backpack bottle, Best way to take coffee to stand.
Believe in nothing,fall for anything

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
Hunting from a Pop Up does have its advantages, my wife usually leaves the coffee machine ready so I just turn it on in the morning , and pour it into my stanley thermos , which by the way is traditional too.

Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
Kevin - Kopi Luwak is over rated to say the least.  I have bought a few pounds on more than one occasion(Green) and roasted it myself and another time in my friends comercial sample roaster to see if we could do a better job and it just doesn't stack up with some of the really good coffee's in the world and it is wayyy over priced.  
Esmeralda Geisha from Panama has been #1 cup of excellence 4 years running and you can get a pound of that for about 35.00 vs 100+ for Kopi and the Geisha is one awesome cup of coffee

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
Couldn't go to the stand/blind without it. The Thermos/Nissan are the best "thermoses" I've ever used.
Romans 8:28

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline greyghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by MJB:

Mike nice pack, I think I seen one of those before.

Always carry coffee in the pack with me.

Earl

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »
I love it been bringing one for along time. I'm working on a battery powered mini microwave for hot pockets!!

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
WOW ...you guys are talking about spending 35.00 to 100.00 for a pound of coffee????? I get tourettes if I have to spend more than 7.00 for a bag of beans.
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
My wife wouldn't stand for me taking a Geisha hunting either.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »
Diddo to the most of the above.  I use the small nisson type with a flip lid and no pouring.  Did I mention it is friggin cold up here.  Just when I start to shake and swear I have to get down before I get hypothermic, I drink four or five ounces of steaming tea (switched from coffee a couple of years ago to decrease my caffeine intake... nerves) Its a miracle.  Have been doing this lately and I am better able to stay on stand to see those late morning cruisers ( or should I say bruisers) :)

Offline Bob Dunn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
Always take my coffee in the woods with me, no matter what the weather is.

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 02:58:00 PM »
Earl,
  :thumbsup:    :campfire:
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »
Well, shoot,Bob Urban went and did it....he told about roasting and grinding his own beans and as I had been thinking along such lines I just had to go and ask more about it and started looking on the net.  Now I have an order in to Sweet Maria's myself and am going to try my hand at it--just not happy with the stuff I've been buying at the super market.  Way to go, Bob!   :D
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
I like to stock up on coffee at my bud Frassettor's.  I even have my own cup!   :D

I need to look into one of those 16oz travel jobs, I do like my morning coffee - so much so 16oz may not be enough.  

A friend down in IL had a thermos that was covered in neoprene camo.  Silent (no clanking in the pack), soft to the touch, and worked great!!  Need to find out who made that one.
Support the sport!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©