3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Am I sick, dumb, or stupid? maybe all of them?  (Read 693 times)

Offline thewal2

• Trad Bowhunter
Am I sick, dumb, or stupid? maybe all of them?
« on: December 10, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
So check this out and let me know what you think.

I have been hunting hard this year at my uncles 2 farms.  I have already taken 2 deer with the bow this year which makes 3 for my lifetime.  I have had several encounters with big bucks that did not pan out.  I also really enjoy venison!  

Anyway this weekend is my last weekend I can hunt 4 the year...not the season just 2010.  Sunday is so nasty weather I don't want to hunt and Tonight I have to spend some time with my girlfriend and go out for dinner and a movie.  Saturday night I have party to go to.  

So here is what I am doing.  When I wake up Saturday morning I am going to get ready and leave for my uncles...I hope to leave between 8 and 9.  It takes 3 hours to get to the farm.  then an hour to get ready and up in the stand.  Then I am going to hunt till sundown.  Unless I shoot something and cant recover it till the morning I am going to get back in the car and come home for the party.  Another 3 hours home.

So my Girlfriend thinks I have a problem and I probably do but all I can think about is there is a major cold front on Sunday that moves in with wind and a high chance of snow and freezing rain.  I think the deer will move and move early on Saturday afternoon.  I have seen 1 buck that looks like a TV star you would see on hunting shows and bunch of others including this big super white tined 8 point I would love to take.   Plus I can also take a doe if the opportunity presents itself...Is 6 hours in the car worth it?  I think it will!!!!! plus this weekend could be the 2nd or 3rd breeding according to some people.  

What do you guys think...we found this on the farm I am hunting I have have harvested these 2 deer already this year.

images no wider than 640, please. thank you.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1181.snc4/150380_180918375258824_100000219873337_688385_7830239_n.jpg[/IMG]  
  http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs726.snc4/64668_165082150175780_100000219873337_572578_4413640_n.jpg[/IMG]  
  http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs837.snc4/69786_183394158344579_100000219873337_708476_5610648_n.jpg[/IMG]

THE BELOW TEXT WAS IN A POST BY ME BELOW BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO SEE READ IT SO I AM POSTING IT HERE!!!

I did not mean to paint my GF in a bad light...she is amazing. She is the only GF on the planet that could deal with me. She thinks I am nuts all of the time. SHE NEVER TOLD ME NOT TO GO...JUST THAT I AM INSAIN!  I live just outside of chicago in the western burbs by schaumburg. I am an avid and tournament fisherman. I fish, hunt, or work on a racing team (scca ITB car) every weekend. I spend every day I am home with her but we do not go out much.

Example: between March 1st and the end of June I spent 13 of 16 weekends in KY at Kentucky lake. The motel I stay at had me for 32 nights over that period of time with vacation days and stuff like that so 1 out of 4 days I was in KY fishing.

I have lost friends over my hobbies. Missed hundreds of family parties and spent a lot of money. I dont mind staying home on Friday night (sat morning wind I am not crazy about) but I do need to hunt the afternoon on Saturday evening. (saturday night is a party to watch the UFC (also my thing)). All I have done to make her happier at me is buy her a puppy to keep her company while I am gone and she is perfectly happy. We live together and the time appart seems to make us happier. I love her and know I am lucky to have her!

So I am thinking saturday night could be great! I once got in my car at 9pm on a friday night to drive to a lake 3.5 hours away. I slept in the car and got up in the morning to musky fish till 10. So from sunrise till 10 am we caught 3 muskies including what was at the time my big fish which was 45 inches long. The fish ate in the figure 8 and shortly after we drove home!

That doe I shot weighed 127 pounds field dressed weighed on a cabelas scale with her nose not off the ground. We could not hang her high enough to get her nose off the ground...I figure there were still a few pounds left on the floor! like 1 or 2 anyway. I have seen bigger doe on the farm...I know know on 2 or 3 occasions I saw deer in the distance that I thought were bucks until I saw the fawns behind them. Monsters! We have also taken a doe that weighed 123 and 122 this season. Big does!

I am looking forward to the hunt but the 6 hours in the car I am not!

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Am I sick, dumb, or stupid? maybe all of them?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
You sound sane to me
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline Son of Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
I admire your dedication,   :thumbsup:   good luck!!
She will understand one of these days It's who we are.

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »
Find a new girlfriend.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
Teach the girlfriend to hunt,The party ain't worth it(you will be hung over) and with the front coming on Sunday I think Sat. night would be the optimal time to hunt.Use the "if you really love me you would understand" method. If that doesnt work remember diamonds are a hunters best friend,Get some cubic zarconian's to hold you over till after the season.Then get the real thing.Leave work early and get some bling before dinner.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
You perfectly sane to me.  You can't kill em at home.  That doe was a monster...how much did she weigh?  Go hunt!  :thumbsup:
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive Council Member.

James V. Bailey II

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
Nothing wrong with you that I can tell.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
This is like an alcoholic asking other alcoholics if he has a problem.     :eek:  
Except this has no cure and you can't be helped!
Sounds like you've been bitten by the bug.
There's only so many days you can hunt each year.
Good luck and let us know how it pans out.

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
perfectly normal in my household!
Make a life, not a living

Offline dtarbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
Sounds like a perfectly good plan to me.

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
ha-ha-ha!you sound like me, i havent seen much of my girl this season either,just make it up to her next wk-end,and forget the party and have your own party after you get the big buck......
go huntin i am!      good luck.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »
So whats the problem.  :dunno:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
Thats one of the reasons I have several ex-girlfriends. I am always upfront with them about my hunting. I tell them the season is 5 1/2 months long so I get maybe 20 Saturdays to hunt. Subtract 4 for bad weather/holidays/work and that leaves only 16 days that I want for just ME and 349 for US/THEM. Its more than a fair deal. I dont golf/bowl/play softball/shoot pool or anything else that takes any priority the rest of the year. On Fri. nights I'll do pizza/carryout and a chickflick if they want as long as we stay home and I can be asleep by 10:00. I get up at 03:30 on Sat. to hunt all day. Usually crash early on Sat. We do whatever she wants on Sun. Most dont mind and are happy with this but a few dont. Both of the ex-wives were cool with this, just gotta find #3.  Good luck with your situation......
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
only problem you have is not enough time.
I have done all that and worse in my time.  

You are driven. . .  act on it.  In future years your drive may change to something else.  It is in your nature (pun intended),  don't worry about it.
ChuckC

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
Yes, you have a very serious problem....so do the rest of us who gather around this campfire and that's why you "seem" normal.  Truth is, it's us who are "normal"....the rest of the world has just gone nuts.   :bigsmyl:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »
You are going to kill something sure nuff then tracking and recovery you will miss the party and she will get mad.Happened to me for wifes class reuinion but she still loves me.Kip

Offline thewal2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
I did not mean to paint my GF in a bad light...she is amazing.  She is the only GF on the planet that could deal with me.  She thinks I am nuts all of the time.  I live just outside of chicago in the western burbs by schaumburg.  I am an avid and tournament fisherman.  I fish, hunt, or work on a racing team (scca ITB car) every weekend.  I spend every day I am home with her but we do not go out much.

Example:  between March 1st and the end of June I spent 13 of 16 weekends in KY at Kentucky lake.  The motel I stay at had me for 32 nights over that period of time with vacation days and stuff like that so 1 out of 4 days I was in KY fishing.

I have lost friends over my hobbies.  Missed hundreds of family parties and spent a lot of money.  I dont mind staying home on Friday night (sat morning wind I am not crazy about) but I do need to hunt the afternoon on Saturday evening.  (saturday night is a party to watch the UFC (also my thing)).  All I have done to make her happier at me is buy her a puppy to keep her company while I am gone and she is perfectly happy.  We live together and the time appart seems to make us happier.  I love her and know I am lucky to have her!

So I am thinking saturday night could be great!  I once got in my car at 9pm on a friday night to drive to a lake 3.5 hours away.  I slept in the car and got up in the morning to musky fish till 10.  So from sunrise till 10 am we caught 3 muskies including what was at the time my big fish which was 45 inches long.  The fish ate in the figure 8 and shortly after we drove home!

That doe I shot weighed 127 pounds field dressed weighed on a cabelas scale with her nose not off the ground.  We could not hang her high enough to get her nose off the ground...I figure there were still a few pounds left on the floor! like 1 or 2 anyway.  I have seen bigger doe on the farm...I know know on 2 or 3 occasions I saw deer in the distance that I thought were bucks until I saw the fawns behind them.  Monsters!  We have also taken a doe that weighed 123 and 122 this season.  Big does!

I am looking forward to the hunt but the 6 hours in the car I am not!

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
You have a serious problem. THE GIRL!
If it is starting now it will not get better.
Hope you have ALL the hunting stuff you need or you will be like many of the guys on here. "I send it to a friends house." "I bring it in when she is gone." "I tell her I traded for it."

They only get worse with a ring.

I am VERY glad I found one that understands.

GOOD LUCK and GO HUNTING. You will not kill a thing if you are not out there.

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
seriously,  I tell all young men that have passionate hobbies and fall in love,  "keep doing your hobby while you are dating.  If  you stop  hunting, golf, fishing, what ever, while your dating and you wind up married to the love of your life, then go back to hunting fishing.... she will have a problem. You know,  'you did do that before we were married.'  Don't you love me anymore,  boo woo"
But of coarse you have to be reasonable, if you want to relationship to be HAPPY.  So shoot straight.. and post pics... And don't fall asleep during the movie...
Joe
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by LITTLEBIGMAN:
perfectly normal in my household!
Same here!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©