3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Am I sick, dumb, or stupid? maybe all of them?  (Read 692 times)

Offline thewal2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Am I sick, dumb, or stupid? maybe all of them?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
ha ha funny!  Who ever said it is like an alcoholic asking other alcoholics if he is ok was right!

My uncles says i am living the dream...Good job, not wife or kids, dont have to pay for car gas (company car).  I go where I want when I want within reason!

Offline Fischman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »
You sound perfectly sane to me ! Go Hunt and make no excuses to anyone for missing just a dumb party that won't give ya the satisfaction of a Hunt man !!!!
YOU HAVE TO STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING !!!

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »
Dear sick, dumb and stupid, have a great hunt!

Offline BTW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
been there..done that...you sane!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »
Finding a balance is key to keeping a happy family.  Sometimes it takes a while to figure out what is right. If that doesnt keep you happy then you have a problem.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline thewal2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
So Im going of course...cant wait...I hate late season, but I have a feeling saturday night will work out for me!

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
Tim, I see that you're a sales rep.. Time to do your thing.. sell her..
I'd go on your hunt too.. been married and divorced twice. Love not having to ask permission!!
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline greyghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
I showed this to the wife and she said you are normal. No different from me and my friends.

She also said that you can make the dinner and movie along with a little romantic time, get a couple hours of sleep, wake up at 0230 and make it to your uncle's in time for first light.

Her and I say forget the party there are more of them in the off season. Unless you are a serious stump shooter.

I have been blessed for the last 32 years with my addiction and the most understanding wife one could wish for.

OK she is gone now but seen the sentence above which got me a couple points.

Earl,

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
Hello,My name is Chanumpa and I am a fellow bowhuntaholic.Tell her "honey,someday I wont have the legs to do this anymore".Now I want to see that * point!

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
I had a GF several years back, great gal, we hit it off in all aspects, but she didnt hunt or fish. I was perfectly straight forward with her right from the git-go. I hunt. A lot. She said thats fine. this was in February. April comes along. Turkey season. She wanted to go do something stupid opening weekend of turkey season. Pitched a fit when I said I was going turkey huntin. She continued to squeak about about it. I went huntin. When I got back, I sent her on her way. I figured if shes gonna whine now, its only gonna get worse.

Best move I made. My wife now loves to hunt and fish. She bowhunts, gun hunts, guts her own deer. Cant fillet a walleye worth a darn, but shes my best huntin partner.

Good luck, somethin to think about on your drive to hunt.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
i can honestly say that if youre reasonable about things and make up a schedule of the days you will probably be hunting or doing your thing , then you two can sit down together. thats how me an my ol lady are. i didnt even bring up turkey or deer season this year due to my broken leg , and she comes to me the other day and says "what about the extended gun season , thats coming up , and you can walk now..."

saturdays are my day durign the summer , and any day i can stop somewhere while im working (i drive a lot for work) , its all good to her.

you could also always do what i did this year even though it backfired on me. . .

bought her a 2day spa package to a resort/spa a couple hours away. figured that would give me some good time to myself to "play" in the woods as she calls it , then i got into my accident...she still got her spa days...

good luck , and if shes a keeper , just use a little chloroform and throw her in the trunk...

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »
Daylight isn't until 7:45AM or so. You could be in your stand for the morning hunt if you left at 4am. A couple hours break to sleep and the evening hunt. I'm not a party fellow and haven't had (or wanted) a girlfriend since I made her my wife 32 years ago.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
get rid of your girl.move closer to your uncles house an dont stop hunting until you get your deer .life is short.you seem like a fine young man you will find another girlfriend.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »
what plumber said.  :biglaugh:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »
You have a problem.  You really need to prioritize better.  Your significant other needs more of your time.  First try to get her hooked on your hobbies.  That will fix you right up.  If that doesn't work, you really need to cut down on the fishing and race car stuff.  I know cutting down on some of my other hobbies has gotten me a no complaint pass all hunting season every year.

At this point in the season I know I wouldn't drive 6 hours for one set if I had family stuff to get done, but then I don't have any big bucks where I hunt:D and seeing any deer in the day light is not too likely at this point in the season.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline thewal2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
shooting light is 6:30

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Sounds to me like the only problem is the 6 hour round trip. Make sure you have some good tunes to keep you company. I suggest Chad K. Slagle, Steve Shedd, Mark Baker, and Jim Bowman. There,  problem solved. Now Go Hunting! Good luck, hope you get one of those big boys you mentioned. Drive safe, and have fun!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline macksdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
Yep perfectly normal, You might want to keep the girlfriend if she puts up with it. Just make sure you test her tolerance levels to the fullest extent before you decide to get married. The UFC fight will probably be worth the drive. But they will run it in about a month on spike tv for free if you miss it no reruns on a good hunt.
Hoyt Buffalo   #45@28,#50@28, #55 @28, #60@28
Hill Country Wildcat 52#@28
Hill Country Wildcat Static #57@31
Rick Welch Accuracy Factory

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
My diagnosis: somewhere between dumb and stupid. Anyone who has to spend time with their girlfriend during hunting season definitely needs to get help (or to get a new girlfriend, which is what I did). Don't worry; the condition is curable, and you have plenty of friends here who will see that you get the best possible care. Don

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
i am just aghast at that comment...cut back on the racing.

as someone who wrenches , let me tell you an scca race is NOT something to be messed with...

you should make her a bow , and teach her how to use a clutch. problem solved...
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©