3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Set up for EFOC arrows.  (Read 275 times)

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Set up for EFOC arrows.
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
What Terry and Jason said!! I'm still using the same Bow, broadhead and arrow combo as basically 26 years ago.No problem tipping critters over.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
I'm not sure why this works as well as it does but I use 2 different set ups and they both work very well out of a multitude of bows and draw weights. 1st, set up is a goldtip 3555 either black shaft or the traditional,(traditional weighs in about 30 grains heavier) it is full length (30 inches) and a 100 grain brass insert and a 175 grain tip, this set up spines out on Stu's calc. at jsut over 32 lbs BUT it flys better than great out of longbows and recurve up to 62lbs, ??? the total arrow weight is 540 grains and the foc is 21%,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
the 2nd set up is a carbon express heritage 150 cut to 30 inches and as above with the 100 grain brass insert and 175 grain tip, also with same results, this set up is a bit heavier at 620 grains, and spines out on stu's calc. at just over 37 lbs,,, paper tunes a bullet hole with several different draw weights as I said up to 62 lbs and down to 49 lbs, don't ask me to explain ???

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
Right on, Terry. People have been trying to reinvent the wheel forever, but if it's round, it rolls!
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »

Both animal were shot with a Carbon arrow setup to 21.5%FOC The bear with a 54# longbow and I had to give the arrow a hard pull to remove it from the ground after it passed through. The buck with a 61# longbow with the same results complete pass through and energy to spare. I used Two different broadheads a Snuffer weighted up to 225gr on the bear and a Muzzy Phantom 220gr on the buck.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
Earl,

Congrats on both animals. Black bear is on my short list of animals I'd love to pursue some day.

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
Jason there are four of us trad archers headin to Maine September 2011 tag along I will be a great trip.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
Earl,

You have no idea how much I'd like to take you up on that offer. Unfortunately, my vacation time next year is pretty much spoken for. Thanks though, I appreciate the heck out of it.

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
Maybe another time my friend. we are going to try to do this every other year.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©