3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Realistic Dream trips  (Read 3048 times)

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Realistic Dream trips
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »
My dream hunt is for piggys in Texas....With CK....
    I actualy have two reasons to go to Texas....Pigs and an ex Sweety I would like to see again....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
I've always found if you want it bad enough there's always away to make do hunt.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »
Littlejake That exactly how I feel.  LOl all I have to do is get my dad to stop harping about me spliting my money im saving for my house with my someday brownbear hunt lol

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
Get in the house then go on a 2nd Mortgage.  Tax deductable interest and equity will help pay your way faster than having to work for it......

Offline coaltroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
I live just north of the area John was talking about in his first hunt. That is the same area I try to hunt every year if I can draw it. If not I hunt a little farther south in an over the counter area (area 42). I would be willing to work with anyone who want to try a working man hunt (low budget hunt) in that area or possibly area 42. This year so far I have a couple of good friends from Kansas that will try to come hunt with me and also one from Michigan that will try to get the same area. Like John said there is a lot of pressure in these areas but there is a lot of animals also. You have to adjust your techniques to the situation. Can not promise anything but I have not had a year yet that I don't get into the animals. Now every one knows that getting into them and getting a kill is very different things but I will do my best for anyone.  :pray:

Offline Dalebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2007, 03:05:00 PM »
Wifishkiller
come on out, anytime I can't promise you a deer but they are there and taken every year.  I took 8 doe this year.
Got a room for ya and we can at least make them nervous:-)

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 04:15:00 PM »
That sounds good to me!!  Plus Im a big fan of the flat tops lol

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »
There's a lot of dream hunt right here on Trad Gang.

I'm still holding on to my Dream Hunt of the Moose John, I need to get with it if I'm gonna do it.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
While you guys all dream of the amimal hunts, mine is to get into some really good bowfishing, probably down South somewhere... the kind of bowfishing you see on the videos.   There's not much here in the way of trash fish water... mostly our water is either deep or fast.   I tried for some carp last year in an area we call the potholes, but never saw one.   Someday...

Dick in Seattle
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Elusive One

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
About 30 miles from me is a heated lake with lots of alligator gar and tillapia that ppl bow fish all the time.  Fairfield Lake... As soon as i get to where i can shoot some I am going out there in my little flat bottom.

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
Dick in Seattle I hear you man I miss my night shooting rig.  Here she is,

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »
had to shrink it a bit

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
Lucky guys...   I told my wife I wanted to take a trip down south to Texas, Louisianna or Alabama to try some serious bowfishing this year.  If taxes go well (we're gonna get killed this year... sold some property) I may even get to do it.   Look up a guided outfit, maybe.   I grew up in Ohio, lots and lots of carp, but I didn't bow shoot way back then.

Dick in Seattle
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
wifishkiller, like a few others i have made the DIY trip out west. i did Colorado in 94, 96, 99 & 01 and Utah in 97.  i can't remember the exact cost on any of the trips but i have never spent more than $1200 for the entire trip. in 01 i did the drive thing from Virginia. 32 hours non stop on the way home. should have bought some stock in mountain dew first. with the cost of tags, flight and rental car you should still be able to make it for less than $1500. for a DIY elk hunt.

if there was a down side to all of my DIY hunts it would be the amount of game seen/taken, if that's a down side. the upside is i have seen some of the most beautiful country and have some wonderful photos and memories of it to remember.

a few things to take seriously. be in shape, pack as light as possible and do your home work on the area you plan to hunt. find a good partner to make the trip with. i have no problems going alone, but if you get back in the middle of no ware having another person for safety is just smart. i do this as much for my wife and kids as anything.

each time i went on a hunt i learned something that made my life easier on the next hunt. part of the learing curve when you go at without the help of a guide. the rewards are much greater when you don't have someone holding your hand imo.... go for it, you will not be sorry. i'm looking at Idaho for this fall if anyone is looking to share a camp fire.  >~Rob~>
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©