3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wool vs Down  (Read 701 times)

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wool vs Down
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
I was thinking of just getting the down underwear top and using it as a midlayer, not next to the skin. Anyone done this?
BCD

Offline WindWalker-AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2010, 12:36:00 AM »
Mr. BCD,
That is exactly how I use mine.  Synthetic next to the skin, down as a mid layer and wool for the outer layer.
At my age, I never walk/hunt fast enough to work up a sweat.  Up here, "you sweat/you die", is a common expression with a lot of history to it.
Best Wishes

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »
I used to wear down, but no matter what I did my back got wet with sweat.  I remember reading an article of a man that dumped his brand new solo wood canvas canoe in the Wisconsin River after Christmas, the temps were near zero and he was miles from anything. He pulled up on shore and was waiting to die, when he realized that he was no longer cold enough to die.  Every bit of clothing he had on except for his rubber thinsulate boots was wool.  So he put his canoe back in the river and paddled home.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2010, 06:28:00 AM »
That's thinking positively!
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©