3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow PSR  (Read 356 times)

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow PSR
« on: December 13, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
I'm shoping for a new bow...... The people that own the PSR.... What are the pros and cons?  Thanks.
"It's not the trophy, but the race. It's not the quarry,
but the chase."

Offline Grabwad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow PSR
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
I just picked one up in August and love it.  I shoots real good for me.  It was an adjustment getting used to the additional noise from a hybrid but it hits where I want it.

I'm gonna get another one in Feb. with a little more weight.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
It shoots better than it simply looks. I have a 2 piece and it is a real smooth bow.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
I have one I bought used a couple of weeks ago. It is 56" and 50#. I haven't had much time shooting it yet, but as of now I like it. I added a SBD skinny string and it quieted the bow significantly. The draw is smooth and it spits an arrow. Shooting mainly recurves the grip takes a little getting used to but I have ZERO complaints about the bow. If it had a recurve grip or even a grip like the older SAG's it might be the perfect short recurve....

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
These bows are a worthy addition to the Widow lineup.
Lon Scott

Offline STEVE R.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
I have a 60". I really like the bow, but it is not an easy bow for me to shoot consistantly. The pma that I own is the most accurate and easiest to shoot. Next is my 64" plx, and the that psr.I bought the psr for deer hunting in very tight places  and also for the light mass weight. I get bersiteus in my left elbow from holding a bow for a long time. All I can say it is not a bow for a beginner.

Offline BMejia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
They shoot great for a short bow. I bought one a few years ago but eventually sold it mostly because of the sound it made. I have always regretted selling it so last year I bought another. I draw 28.5", the first one I had was a 58" and the current one is 56". I would say that both are very smooth drawing and hard hitting bows.

To further explain the aforementioned "sound it made"...I would not say the bow is loud but as the shooter I hear a noise/twang that other bows do not make. Bystanders do not seem to hear the twang (nor did I when I let my buddy shoot it) but as the shooter I can hear it and it takes some getting used to.

I do not think I would ever trade in my PL as my lead bow but the PSR has a definite use for certain conditions (i.e. bow fishing, hunting from a small blind, rabbit hunting in thick brush, etc...).

Call BW and test drive one, I bet you would order one!

Offline BowBrain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »
I have a 56" 50# @ 28" TD.  Shoots great, light to carry, increase the weight of your arrow and that will take care of the noise problem.

Online JoLo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 03:16:00 AM »
I got a new to me 58" PSRV TD a couple of weeks ago. At about 10 gpp, a 450+ string, its super quiet, with nothing on the string. It almost as quiet as a pair of Epic limbs. As I recall, Blacky tested a PSRV, and found it to be slightly faster than a PSAV or a PMAV.
Only con is I now want/need a 60" PSRV

Offline piggy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 04:11:00 AM »
Mate I own a few Widows and when I brought my PSR a mate said you will not pick up you others again and he was right.
I love mine it shoots where I want it too, is fast, light and quiet.

Offline sj_lutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 06:42:00 AM »
I've got a 56 inch PSR and love it; it's my go to bow.  It's butter smooth to draw (I go closer to 29 than 28 inches) built like a tank, zips an arrow, and is just a flat out fun bow to shoot.

I'm going to be picking up a second Widow in the not to distant future, and while everything else they make looks very nice to me, at the end of the day, I suspect that a 58 or 60 inch PSR will find it's way to my house.  

Perhaps not the best bow to use for competitive shooting, but for being in the woods, it's about the perfect bow IMHO.  

Some folks love it (me for one) some not so much, I'd defiantly recommend trying one before you buy one.

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 07:46:00 AM »
Thanks for the feed back.
"It's not the trophy, but the race. It's not the quarry,
but the chase."

Offline Matt Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »
I bought one used a few years ago. Very much like it - killed my first recurve deer with it so it'll never leave. my opinions are below
pros: light, fast
cons: longbow handle is not my favorite - is definitley not hte best grip IF you prefer to heel the bow like many do a longbow.

on the speed - i just bought another recurve that was 3lbs heavier draw than the psr - the psr outperforms it still GT 3555 shows weak out of the widow and stiff from teh other bow (w/same tip etc)
on the noise - mine is reasonably quiet - i'm no expert on calming one down but i just got an SBD string for th eother bow i mentioned and woudl definitely put one on the widow if i were hunting with it this year.
best of luck
as others woudl say - shoot before you buy if possible and the guys at widow will let you test drive
"If God didn't make an outside, I wouldn't have fun." Summer - my 4 year old daughter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©