3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 1 Yr ago Today......  (Read 1149 times)

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1 Yr ago Today......
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
My father died when I was a young man and we never really got close, although I always thought we would eventually.  Thanks for the reminder...I make a point to tell my children that I love them everyday.
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline Long Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »
Five and a half years and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. Thankfully, I have no regrets. We were best friends. :)

He hunted to the end, shooting his last deer only two months before he died.

Now, I am him.

Remember, Fathers Day is June 17th.
Derek W.

"I never thought missing could be so much fun!"       -Me

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 12:45:00 AM »
Thank you for this Steve, I too remember my dad every passing day, he was the apple of my eye!

I would give anything to be able to hug, walk and talk with him again...tell him how much I love him.

I never got to say goodbye but I told him everytime I seen him how much I loved him, he knew we did before that day 4/16/00.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »
Right on Hog Wild.Lost mine when I was young and what I remember most is fishing and hunting with him although those were very few due to work.Hope your well on this 1 year anniversary.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »
Lost my Dad Dec. 03
He vever saw me draw a Bow.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
My wife and I lost our Mothers in 1988, 6 months apart, and our Fathers in 1990, 6 days apart.  Now the wicks are getting short on our candles, we turned 60 in January.  We hug our children and grand children every time we see them and tell them we love them.  We get to see our daughter and her family more often than our son and his family.  Our son and his family live in the Atlanta area.  Our daughter and her family live locally and attend the same church we do and their children attends our church's Christian School where my wife teaches.

Great advice Hog Wild and do focus on the good memories that you have of your Father.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 07:14:00 AM »
Lost my dad April 23, 2007.  

I spend a week with him early March 07 and we both knew that was the last time...we celebrated his 74 years of life and the times we shared outdoors hunting and fishing when I was a kid, when he was a kid.  He lived his last years in northern Idaho, while I needed to be in Southern California.  I "busted him out" of the old folks home for a few days and we were just free spirits being buddies.  

Good man, although he had his faults like we all do.  Big barrel chest of a man, took me until I became a man myself to figure out the reason for that barrel chest was to contain such a big heart.

While I miss not talking daily with Dad I'm happy that his suffering and pain is over with.  Last years in life were not the greatest quality of life for him.  He cared from me in the early years and I cared for him in the latter...

I've never learned more from any other human being in my life, then what I learned from my Dad. I can not say that what I learned from him was the always by the greatest example.  Much of what I learned from observation of him was what not to do.  Learning still counts though.  I've not ever met anyone so "in my corner", so concerned about just me as a human being.

The last lessons I learned from my Dad centered around compassion, the dignity of growing old, like it or not.  We all start out in diapers and if left long enough, will end up in diapers.  We all need love and caring during our stay on this rock.  The circle of life,,,one trip per paying customer.  Days are numbered for all of us.  The sun travels just as fast at high noon as it does at dusk, although it's at dusk when we notice just how fast it really travels.  Ever watch the sun set over the horizon?   There is a fine line between when the sun is visible, ever so slightly, and then just gone. The fire is extinguished. The line between that last breath and no more breath.  The day being over....at 10 AM high noon or 3 oclock in the afternoon it's tough to realize that the sun is still traveling plenty fast toward sunset.  For all of us our allotted time is written in the book of life, exactly to the second.  What we choose to do with that time, who we choose to love, how we treat each other, those are options we have control over.  Be gentle with each other...charish that time left with your Dad.

He had a good death, God was merciful in his passing.

I lost a good friend on April 23, 2007.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©