3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Easton Axis FMJ's  (Read 434 times)

Offline RamiusEng

• Trad Bowhunter
Easton Axis FMJ's
« on: June 01, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »
I know there have been a few threads on this.  I have read them.  All the threads are pre-2007.  SOme people liked them, some didn't.  What was common in all the threads was that the a) the shaft was new and b) people's had little to minimal experience with them.

So, it's June 2007.  Now that shaft has been out a while, does anyone have any experience/opinions on this shaft?
Ray

the "go to":Toelke R/D Whip 62" 55#@28.5

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Easton Axis FMJ's
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
I am planning on shooting them this year but they are a hard shaft to find. That is my problem with them! nobody has them.   :banghead:  

I think some folks said they didn't like them because the shaft would bend due to it having a metal outer shell??? haven't shot them so I can't say but ACCs had a metal core, so the FMJ is a inside out ACC.

Anyway I am gonna give em a try. I like the looks of em. Sorry could answer your real question but I will watch this thread as well.

Later

Jason  :archer:
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
I shoot them off my compound, and like J-dog says they bend. I have shot them a little over a year. I prefer the Axis all carbon.
Bret M. FullER

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
I tried some over a period of time, and they do bend. Really, they failed to please. Personally, I just can't see why Easton came out with them. What's the logic behind them? I mean, with the original A/C/C's, they offered a super straight aluminum shaft wrapped in durable carbon (a good idea in theory). But when you reverse that, what's the point?
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
I think I may have said this before...Fantastic marketing, terrible engineering.

Online 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
Ive heard terrible things about them a guy we know shot a deer with them and passed through the deer and the insert pushed way up in the shaft and he said they are hard to pull from a target. Ill stick with my ST Epics or Axis.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline RamiusEng

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the input folks!  Looks like the consensus has not changed.

J-Dog: I tried looking for the online too.  No luck.  Then I read the fine print on the Easton site...these are authorized reseller storefront only.  Meaning you have to go to an archery/outdoors shop that is an Easton reseller to get them, no internet.  I did find some on **** for lots of money.
Ray

the "go to":Toelke R/D Whip 62" 55#@28.5

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
yeah I found them there too but not paying that much for them! I will wait till I make a trip out to bass pro in Charlotte they have them there I just did't buy any cause I figured in a month or two they would be everywhere! WRONG.

Anyway good luck with em, I MIGHT stick with regular axis or even been thinking of going back to ACCs?

Well see

Later

Jason
Always be stubborn.

Offline Dawn Patrol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
I had three of them to play with and they did not impress me. I went back to the Axis and have no gripes but I like the Epics best because of the convential inserts.
I put the "stink" in instinctive archery!

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
I liked the hidden inserts idea, they can be a bit of a pain but I think overall they are worth it. I believe I will stick with regualr axis arrows. Not sure but I know I wont buy a whole dozen if I do buy any at all maybe three to start with.

Bending aint soooooooo bad as alums and wood do the same. It is just that regular carbons dont for the most part.

I like the aluminum jacket idea as I have seen guys get carbon splinters from straight carbons. Least with that jacket of aluminum splinters aint a problem! gotta look at the positives right?
Course I have shot a heap of carbons and never got a splinter anyway, but if ya do get one they are a pain to get out for the doc.

Later

Jason
Always be stubborn.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©