3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bill Krenz passes  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
Re: Bill Krenz passes
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Bill was a great spokesman for all bowhunting and he will be missed, but never forgotten. Prayers and best wishes to his family in their loss.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
I heard about this the other day and was greatly saddened. I dealt with Bill for years when he ran Kittredge Bow Hut.

We always talked about performances of different recurves that were hitting the market and I often took Bill's advice when it came to owning a few. I have to dig through my photo albums, I have some pics of Bill that he always sent me of his bowhunts.

Bill also Sponsored me into PBS and helped me along when Doug Walker offered me to write a monthly column for Western Bowhunter. A great hunter, father and icon in the Archery World.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline macksdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
Prayers and condolences to the krenz family
Hoyt Buffalo   #45@28,#50@28, #55 @28, #60@28
Hill Country Wildcat 52#@28
Hill Country Wildcat Static #57@31
Rick Welch Accuracy Factory

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2010, 11:35:00 PM »
Prayers for his family.
USMC 82-86

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2010, 01:38:00 AM »
I'm sorry to hear this.  Prayers sent.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2010, 05:31:00 AM »
Boy Joe that brings back memories! I remember bill from the DW days as well

Always helpful to me as well

He will be remembered and missed by many
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Nole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2010, 05:38:00 AM »
I am very sorry to hear this.  My condolences to the Krenz family.

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2010, 05:54:00 AM »
A great loss to the bow hunting community and more importantly a great loss to his family and friends at such a young age.  I liked his writings and like others remember him when I was getting stuff from Kittredge way back when.  Condolences and prayers sent to the Krenz family.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
Prayers and condolences for the family.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
Prayers sent for the family.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Cobie33

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
Condolences for the Krenz family.
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
 Albert Pike

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
funeral services for Bill Krenz ...

Public viewing Friday, December 17  4-8 pm  Swan-Law Funeral home, Colorado Springs
Friend and viewing December 18, 10-11 am, New Life Church, Colorado Springs
Services, Saturday December 18, 11 am - New Life Church, Colorado Springs
Reception to follow services at the Krenz home in Colorado Springs.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
Sad to hear that.Condolences sent.

Offline Brad Davis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
Prayers sent.
Mommy, where does bacon come from??
Well, a pig sweetheart.
Well how does a pig lay bacon??
Cassie 5

Daddy, what season is it?
Well, winter season honey.
No! What "hunting" season is it!!
Cassie 8

Kids, ya gotta love'um!

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
Prayers sent for Bill, his family, and his friends during this time of loss.

I enjoyed some of Bill's articles back in the 80s.

God bless, David Camp
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline ermont

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
Bill was a good man and a great bowhunter.

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
Prayers and condolences for the Krenz family.
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2010, 06:18:00 AM »
My prayers and condolences to the family.. That will be 2 cedars I'll be sending deep into the woods tonight.. Again, I'm so sorry for your families loss.

Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
Bill Krenz 1952 - 2010

It is with profound sadness that we    announce the sudden passing of Bill Krenz, editor and co-founder of Inside Archery and Bowhunt America magazines.

William N. “Bill” Krenz, age 58, died    December 13, 2010, unexpectedly in his
home in Colorado      Springs, CO.     Bill was born on December 12, 1952, in Black River Falls, WI,    the first of three children born to Norman and Eleanor (Danz) Krenz. Bill    developed a passion for archery and the outdoors early on. He graduated    from Black River Falls High School    in 1971 and from the University     of Wisconsin Eau Claire    in 1975 in preparation for a career in education. He quickly realized,    however, that his true calling was working, living and breathing the    archery and outdoor industry.

Bill began his career in the archery    industry as a freelance writer for various archery magazines and later    worked in marketing for some of the leading archery equipment    manufacturers, including PSE, Hoyt, and Bear Archery. Over the past 33    years, the archery industry has known him as an industry leader, a marketing    genius, and a brilliant writer and editor. In 1988, he met fellow archery    industry leader Sherry Murphy. The two were married on July 20, 1991, in Salt Lake City, UT.

In 1998, Bill and Sherry founded Zebra    Publishing Inc. and launched Inside    Archery, a trade magazine for the archery industry. Bill, with    his extensive technical knowledge of archery equipment, his familiarity    with the archery industry and his ability to craft clear, engaging    articles, served as the editor of Inside    Archery. Following the success of Inside Archery, Bill and Sherry    launched Bowhunt America,    a consumer bowhunting magazine in 2003. Once
again, Bill served as editor, and his concise,    answer-driven articles resonated with bowhunters all over the country. Due    to Bill’s tireless work, Bowhunt    America has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing    consumer publications in the country.

A passionate and accomplished hunter,    Bill was one of the first bowhunters to take all five species of North    American deer with a bow, breaking at least one world record in the    process. He has hunted all over the world and is considered one of the most    widely traveled and successful bowhunters in the modern era. Decades    ago, Bill became one of  the youngest Regular members, and then Senior    members, of the Pope and Young Club.  He has also served with    distinction on the Board of Directors of the California Bowman Hunters, the    Pope and Young Club and the Archery Manufacturers and Merchants    Organization (Archery Trade Association).

Bill will be remembered for his    willingness to help other archers and bowhunters, for his dedication to    promoting archery and bowhunting, and for his ability to tell a good story.    Through his writing, Bill touched thousands of archers. For those who knew    him personally, he was a mentor, a source of inspiration, a provider of    sage advice, and a friend. Most importantly, Bill will be remembered as a    devoted husband, a supportive and encouraging father, and the most beloved    grandfather.  

Bill is survived by his wife, Sherry,    children, Tracey Reginek (Colorado Springs), Travis (Heather) Reginek (Salt    Lake City, UT), Tyler Reginek (Colorado Springs), Tara Reginek (Denver,    CO), four grandchildren, Rachael, Colton, Maquel and Isabelle, mother,    Eleanor Krenz (Black River Falls, WI), brother, Robert Krenz (Turtle Lake,    WI), sister Linda (Scott) Nicastro (Mondovi, WI), mother-in-law, Vi Murphy    (Sauk Rapids, MN), sisters- and brothers-in-law Deb and Leon Lechner    (Baxter, MN), Becky and Warren Christie (Kimball, MN), Tim & Beth    Murphy (Colorado Springs, CO), Joe and Suzanne Murphy (Clearwater, MN),    Brian Murphy (Sauk Rapids, MN), many nieces and nephews, and many dear    friends. He is preceded in death by his father, Norman Krenz (Black River Falls, WI), and his father-in-law, Jack Murphy    (Sauk Rapids, MN).

A visitation will be held Friday,    December 17th, from 4:00-8:00 pm at Swan-Law Funeral Directors, 501 N.    Cascade, Colorado Springs, CO. The funeral services will begin Saturday,    December 18th, at 11:00 am at the World Prayer     Center at the New    Life Church Campus, 11025 Voyager Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80921.    There will be a visitation for family and friends one hour prior to the    funeral service. There will be a post-service
 reception following the funeral services at the Krenz    residence.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
Prayers from Kentucky for the family.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©