3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone own a Sitka incinerator???  (Read 150 times)

Offline Bullfrog 1

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone own a Sitka incinerator???
« on: December 14, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
What do you think? It better be NICE.   BILL

Offline Red Boar

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone own a Sitka incinerator???
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
I am interested as well.  I was thinking about getting the bibs...it's always that gap between your jacket and pants when you are sitting that lets the chill in.  You are correct, Bullfrog...for the price they better be fantastic.
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
I just got one, that I plan to use on a hunt in New Mexico in January, so I haven't used it in the field yet.

It is longer than a jacket, but shorter than most winter coats you might think of.  It is designed to be used with bibs.  You could certainly use it without bibs, but you might get that "gap" Red Boar mentioned.

It is form fitting, to enable shooting with a minimum amount of clothing interference.  It might be too form fitting for some, and will encourage me to keep the weight off I recently lost.  I can shoot the bow with it on with no problems.

I hope it will be as warm as it is made out to be.  As I said, it is form fitting, and so doesn't look like it will be as warm as some other down coats I have that I know are very warm, but then I wouldn't be shooting in those other bulky down coats either.  I'll be bringing extra layers, just in case.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 08:41:00 AM »
I am using my incinerator bibs and jacket for treestand hunting. With a Sitka core, 2 traverse shirts, celcius vest and incunerator jacket on top, with core bottoms, traverse botoms and incinerator bibs, I can sit in my tree stand for 6 hours at temps below 10 degrees with little wind. I wear two face masks and 2 hats on top. A lot of guys don't wear enogh on their heads. I use a belt with a knife on it arround mw waist for safety as well as it traps heat and keeps cold air out as well. This is just me though and  other folks may need more or less. The material my be a little noisy in extreem cold, but works great for sedintary hunters. It is much lighter and doesen't weigh my shoulders down after long sits like wool used to. I appreciate this since my neck is giving me proplems lately. Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©