3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kudo's to Smokey  (Read 184 times)

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Kudo's to Smokey
« on: December 15, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »
A few weeks ago there was a thread on successes with Smokey's Deer Lure. I had purchased some and stated in the thread that I was  disappointed in the results I had.  About a week later I received an email from Smokey with his phone number. He asked me to call and talk about his lures and how I used them and in general he wanted to be helpful. Well, after some phone tag we finally got to chat, about an hour's worth, and I learned a few things about how he uses his lure. He even sent me some more and we will continue to be in touch as time goes on to be sure I am doing things correctly.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I really appreciated his call. Not every sponsor on here or manufacturer of other products gives that kind of service and I thought that a public show of appreciation was in order. I still don't know if his products will work but I know that he is a man who stands by his products and has his customers' satisfaction at the forefront of his business (as it should be). The only other person who has ever made this kind of effort was Ron Schwartz of KME. It is good to know that there are at least a few still left who don't let their relationship with their customers or potential customers end with the receipt of payment for the product.  Thanks to Smokey (and  Ron) for their time and personal interest.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kudo's to Smokey
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Thought I'de bring this back up top. Smokey's a good guy and deserves your business.

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
As posted earlier I have had good results with Smokey's lures . The biggest thing I've noticed is that when the deer get downwind of them they really calm down , doesn't always mean they come in but you can instantly tell from their body language they loosen up and seem to settle down a bit . That alone is worth while add to that his customer relations and it can't be beat . He has my buisness .
Greyfox54

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
I appreciate the candor!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
I should add that Smokey is going to "coach" me about his lures. We will be starting out in July setting up scrapes and mock scrapes. It should be a good tutorial and I am hoping to learn a lot. Now that our season is over I want to get out and find some scrapes that I can mark and begin my "training" this summer. I thought I knew how to use lures but never really got invested in them having only sporadic success. I will gladly go along on this ride and see what we can get accomplished.

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »
Talked to Smokey, and have used his lures.  As with all lures, it's a hit or miss; but Smokey goes out of his way to help you out.  I'm a well satisfied customer.  I thank you sir!
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
Bill,

Did you start the summer program with Smokey?
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »
Yes, LA, but my personal schedule and family responsibilities have kept me from fully implementing the "program" out on my property. But I have bucks in back of the house and  some pics of them that I have not been able to get before. We have no monster bucks right here that I know of but the first day I used it I got a buck smelling the branch I put it on. I think it is very promising stuff.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »
I've got to call Smokey this week and get started....
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©