3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Bracks????  (Read 143 times)

Offline 2Knives

• Trad Bowhunter
New Bracks????
« on: December 19, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »
Ok, I know some folks have gotten new Brackenburys lately because I see my name has moved up the list.
I'm just getting new limbs for my Brack, no new bow yet.  :(
So, all of y'all that have gotten a new Brack in the last 2yrs why don't you throw up some pics for all of us that are still on the list.
USAF AMMO Retired

Shoot True!!!
Don't Squat with your Spurs on!

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Bracks????
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
I know the group that have X's by their name have been that way for some time.  I started a post back in September congratulating Danny Rowan on getting an X by his name.  At that time he said his bow was going to be ready by November.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline 2Knives

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
I placed my order in Feb 2009 so I know somebody had to get a bow since then.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind waiting....I just want to drool over new bows.
USAF AMMO Retired

Shoot True!!!
Don't Squat with your Spurs on!

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
I got my Peerless after only a 2 1/2 year wait. It was worth it. I will try to post pictures of it. The bow is subtly beautiful and unbelievably well made. Of course, Bill Howland is a perfectionist and only builds bows that are as close to perfect as can be humanly made. Bill has only made a few of his Peerless design since it is so new. I was one of a few people who had the privilege of testing one of his Peerless prototypes. It was fantastic, but not quite what I wanted. Bill did quite a bit of redesign work on the bow and then found exactly the woods I wanted. He customized everything about the bow in accordance with my wishes, including the contour of the grip, the specific design of the limbs, the angles of the limb pads and, of course, the specific woods I had requested. There is no bow in existence that is nicer than my Peerless. Here is a thread with some pictures I took of the prototype.   http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=077514;p=2   It looks great, but my Peerless puts it to shame, even though you probably won't be able to tell from photographs due to the subtleties of the wood grains. I have a bunch of Brackenbury bows (along with many bows made by other outstanding bowyers). The Bracks I have were made by Jim Brackenbury, a nephew of Jim's who used to work for him, Wes Wallace, Bill Howland, and probably another one or two guys who used to work for Jim. All the bows are nice, but the newer designs that Bill has come up with (Quest, Non-Typical and Peerless) are the best of the breed, as you might expect since they are the most recent designs.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Brad Davis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
I havent seen very many Brac pics but that is a piece of work. You just dont see too many up for sale.
Mommy, where does bacon come from??
Well, a pig sweetheart.
Well how does a pig lay bacon??
Cassie 5

Daddy, what season is it?
Well, winter season honey.
No! What "hunting" season is it!!
Cassie 8

Kids, ya gotta love'um!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©