3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Almost there!  (Read 166 times)

Offline StJoePTP

• Trad Bowhunter
Almost there!
« on: December 20, 2010, 07:09:00 AM »
Well I was almost there. Perfect Michigan hunting morning with the temps in the low 20's and snow covering the ground. I wasn't having much luck seeing deer on the stand. It's been kind of slow late season on this little trac of property. I was sitting waiting, watching and just prayingthat I could see a deer with my camera man in the tree. I thinking this was going to just be another day spent without seeing any deer. Just then I see some movement, making out the shape of a deer moving through the pines. I knew there was more than one. I had my camera watch the deer as they worked around the abandoned house on the property and circled around into some thicker woods. I grabbed the call, bleated twice and had them slowly coming in. The lead doe was a nice plump speciman and I was ready to let her have it.Now Im a compound man at heart, just  learning the whole traditional thing halfway through the year. I feel confident enough to shoot a deer though with all the practice I have undergone. So she is coming in and takes the trail furthest from me(about 17 yds.). She goes through one shooting lane heading to ne that is slightly closer and alot bigger. She stops puts her nose up and takes a sniff of air. Im thinking now Im totally bsted and she's going to just bolt...game over...Nope she turns and heads the way she had just come. I looked at that first hole, bleated when she got there, picked my spot, and let the arrow fly......I watch the arrow hit a small branch that was back level with the doe wavering back and forth. The arrow dropped just underneath her front legs into the snow. This stuff is frustrating at times. I know I couldn't ask for more than to get a shot. I know that the season is not over with yet. I just need to put in more time and eventually it will come together. Wish me luck!

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Almost there!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »
Good luck and even if this season ends with no deer keep shooting the stick and confidence will come. It doesn't come easy but when it does it will be that much sweeter.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Huge!! The thrill of a trad is different. You experienced it. Fun ain't it? Best of luck.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
Your post made me think...."Man! he had a blast!", I hope he gets to do it all over again soon.

I'd love to have a couple of late season tries myself....lol

Thanks for sharing your "rush" with us.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline bad arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
Great just having the opportunity at a deer and getting in the woods. Good luck on your next hunt....Phil

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
Good luck!
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline greyghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
Ethan, hang in there,like you said it will come together for you. I could feel the rush and excitement you had, great hunt and good story, thanks for sharing.

Earl

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
Thanks Ethan for Thinking outside the Box" Trad bow hunting is not for "sissy"   :biglaugh:  Enjoy the ride and the destination will be oh so much sweeter. Thanks for sharing your journey!
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©