3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Moths  (Read 457 times)

Offline Eric Sprick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Moths
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 11:32:00 PM »
Really like the Rubbermaid, etc. containers.  Nothings getting in there and cheap!
My wife has seemingly built a replica of The Great Wall in our basement with them full of clothes.

Eric.

Offline Day Dreamer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »

Offline obsidian

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
Moths aren't the only thing that will eat clothes... I know this because we moved into a house last june and it had silverfish!  It was really frustrating to put on socks or a shirt only to find weird holes in them.  Those thing are gross... never had seen one until then.  The thing that worked to get rid of them was boric acid.  Everything else just killed a few but they would be back.

Offline JockC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
I have a recipe for an herbal repellent of about six different herbs.  I mixed a batch up, and seventeen years later it's still working for my fly-tying stuff.  I remember rosemary as being one of the ingredients.  I could dig it out if people are interested.

Mostly, I use plastic containers.  I did lose one good cowboy hat, though.  Moths like dirt, and there was no shortage of dirt and sweat on it.

Another fly-tying tip: if you have a small article that you think has eggs or larvae on it, put it in the microwave for a few seconds.  End of problem.
Jock
TGMM Family of the Bow
Hunting should be hard.

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »
I have had good luck with a product called Moth Blok.  They advertise that the "vapors quickly vanishes when articles are aired".  

And I agree.
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline chubber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
I do the same as Bjorn, split broken shafts and scrape them with a pocket knike every three months or so to getem smelling again.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©