3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tradgang is changing..quickly..or is it?  (Read 974 times)

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tradgang is changing..quickly..or is it?
« on: December 20, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
I've only been a member a short time.
This site has changed a lot.
There used to be quite a few hunting questions posted often.
Now there seems to be mostly bow/arrow/broadhead questions.

Today I posted a hunting question..2 responses. They were helpful and maybe no other thoughts were needed.
Ask about a broadhead and watch out ...lol

I'm not complaining.
This site and the people here have helped me in more ways than I can think of. The info I've absorbed here has just sorta become my knowledge base.

Anybody else notice the same?
Should we as a group try to change it?
I'm not sure it's a problem really.
Just seems different.

Maybe it's a cycle, and I haven't been around long enough to notice it.

Thanks
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tradgang is changing..quickly..or is it?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »
A lot of the guys are in the woods this time of year, many hunters do not get on line right now.
John

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »
I don't think this is unique to TG. The question in your hunting thread required real knowledge to answer-not everyone possesses that, whereas anyone can spout product features whether they actually know anything or not. An example would be: "those boots will keep your feet dry because they have a GT liner"; or that BH will give you a better blood tail because it is "factory sharp".

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »
Topics also go in cycles,Hill bows,Black Widow bows, wood arrows, carbon arrows, B-50, Fast Flite. Many times just do a search on what your thinking and it's most likely on here. As long as your enjoying it all.........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
This is still the greatest place on the net and the best group of people in the world . Yes we seem to have a change in general topic but I think that is due to alot of new to trad members with ?'s
Members come and go and we have lost some of the older members to other sites but this site is still the #one place to be.  Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »
There are many knowledgeble archers/hunters on TG.

Sometimes the first responder to a thread gives the best/correct advice, so others don't reply.

I reckon it depends on if you're wanting opinions or facts.

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
Subjects vary as hunting seasons come and go. Depending on the time of the year, it's either about bows, set ups, or hunting,etc. lol
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
I have not noticed any difference in the couple years I have been on here.  If you are talking about your trail post,  I think you need to give it more than a half day.  Some people work during the day.  Also with good info to set the hunting situation, I think there are fewer possible answers with a hunting question than a question about everone's preference or opinion on equipment.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Seasons Change and so do topics.  Sit back , enjoy and feel the warmth of the campfire!   :campfire:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
Im in agreement with billy shipp and Bjorn.These guys sure come through when a guy has a problem or is really stumped.Im sure of that.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
I'm with Extreme312, I still see quite a variation of topics. Like others have also written, topics sort of go in cycles.

If I don't respond the reasons are generally as follows:

1. Didn't see the topic.
2. Don't know or can't relate to the topic.
3. Someone has provided what I would have.
4. The topic has been handled many times over.
5. The title topic doesn't interest me.

Even if the topic has been covered, I will often post because I realize its easy, if one doesn't conduct a search, not to know the topic is a repeat. I imagine it is sometimes difficult to think of something new under the sun.

There are certain kinds of equipment topics that I have no interest in so I won't even open them.

Offline greyghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
John, I just noticed your trail question (good question) and the first couple of responses were close to what my basic response would have been, but there are other variables that could effect ones reply. With only general information even the most knowledgeable hunter could give their opinion and then may not be correct.

I think you got some great info from those that replyed and a good base to see how it works out in your situation. And then work towards putting other pieces of the puzzel together.

So far as changes to the site, I have not the clue since I just joined.

Earl

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
Bowwild and the others are right.Many times its been answered.
BUT i think its time for some hunting tales alot of the older fellas,myself included have had many bowhunting experiences I think you;ll like some of our storys.I'm just going over my notes and recalling many great experiences with some monster deer I've had in the last 40 years.So get some more wood for the fire and I'm hoping in a day or two to start this thread  " Story Time-The Monsters That Got Away"
 Stay Tuned !LOL
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
nah, trad gang is not at all "changing".

the diversity of life is full of ebbs and flows - sit back and enjoy the ride!  the cycle comes full circle sooner or later!  :cool:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
hmmmm.....

Offline Robert Honaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
I don't notice anything different.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
It's probably just me.
I haven't hardly ever posted "hunting posts" myself.
I truly don't know a whole heck of a lot about hunting. I guess I know just enough to know I don't know didly.

Thanks all.
Just a crappy day maybe.

This is STILL the best palce on the net.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline bigugly1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »
I'm on many ither forums and they all go through cycles depending on time of year. Same as you will notice members come and go. So amny hunters are doing that right now they have no time for this and so many shooters are on down time from target and 3d tournies.

Offline Mack Marine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
I have not seen a change. For me I read more than posting. Best place to get a answer for sure. My bet most guys are hunting only a few weeks before the fat lady will sing...

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
The biggest change I have noticed, and I think it is a positive one, is more open mindedness about the whole traditional thing. I remember when I got my DAS recurve there was almost religious fervor on both sides of the issue as to whether or not it was traditional. Now, bows like my DAS are not only tolerated but accepted. Along with that change has been more and more interest, it seems to me, in getting bows tuned properly, arrows that shoot straight, emphasis on really sharp broadheads, proper form, etc. Even though there are still debates about single bevel, double bevel, multiblade, single blade, etc. the discussions have been "in bounds" compared to some other sites...lots of mutual respect on this site so debates tend to be honest and based on real life experience rather than conceptual hypothesis. In other words, guys here seem to know what they are talking about, can back up their thoughts with real life experiences and still maintain an open mind about others who  may have had different results and made different decisions about their equipment, hunting techniques and other issues. It's my "go to" site.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©