3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tradgang is changing..quickly..or is it?  (Read 973 times)

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tradgang is changing..quickly..or is it?
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
Zradix,
I certainly don't mind you wondering about whatever is on your mind.  Once in a while I'll start a thread and wonder "where everyone went"?  I've also gone through a spell or two where I thought I should change my handle to "threadkiller" as my posts sometimes are the last one's posted.  

If at first you don't get the responses you want or need, just reword them and post again.  OR....send Mudd a PM and ask him to post the topic...he's gotta be the most loved fellow on here.... I'm just fool'n with you Mudd....I guess that would be me....playing in the dirt?  There are some on here I wouldn't mess with but I can tell that Mudd and I both read from the same book.

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
See ,as it turns out you question brought out a lot of great dialogue.Thanks for sharing.

Offline bad arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
Hunting seasons are starting to wind down now so I guess the hunting stories and pics are going to parallel that. Many take vacation days on or before Christmas prior to when the really cold weather sets in. I'm still hunting but I think the reader here would become quite bored of me telling stories and showing pics of how many squirrels I've been seeing.....Phil

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
I've been on this box more the past few weeks than all year. Normally I read a few post and too busy for much else. Been on many work days off lately.  Making arrows,splicing feathers, sniffing glue and paint. While they are drying, I've been on Tradgang. So much my wife is a little worried I am a Trad nerd. Mostly my post are being a smart #@$. Work is pretty ugly at times and this is where I relax. I have only been shooting 35 years or so , so I let the old Masters answer questions. I sure have made a ton of friends here on Tradgang!

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
i'm with rob.it ebbs and flows.if it has been answered or i don't have and educated response,i will not respond.there is no reason to.there are alot of great hunters on here that know alot more than me.i would rather them answer than look like a fool and give bad advice.just my opinion.tradgang is the best place to be for advice,steve

Offline BrianfromTulsa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
One change I've noticed in my time here is that there used to be alot more self bowyers and How-to's concerning bow makers and primitive tackle.

Granted there is still alot of "primitive" information changing hands, but from my observation, I think the majority of posts are of the lam bow, carbon arrow type as opposed to the self bow, cane arrow, stone point type.

I'm happy either way.  I May be right or wrong but still my favorite place on the web.

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
Traditional archery is gaining popularity by the day. Our hunting club 4 years ago consisted of 150 members, 15 of which shot traditional. Now there are 3 times that many traditional shooters in just the past 4 years...

I think the questions are more arrow, tuning, and bow related b/c there is a flooding of "Newbies" to the Trad scene. They are asking the "crawl before you walk" questions...

And personally, I love seeing it!!!!!

Every time we see a question that we've seen 100 times, it just means one more traditionalist joined the ranks! Gotta love it!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
I've been a Member for a few years Now and YES it has changed.. But around hunting season some posts don't get the replies as they would in the summer.

Offline GWC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
Im personally still in the crawl before you walk stage,lol.i havent asked many questions on the hunting aspect yet because im still learning about my bow and the arrow set ups.Iv hunted all my life and killed quite a few deer,but only about ten with a bow,and all compound.but all of my bow kills were within range of my longbow.so i dont expect the hunting aspect of it to change very drastically.So right now its mostly about arrow building and my bow setup.at some point i hope to have a little more wisdom to give back.Iv been helped so much on this site.I also trap alot,and on some of those sites if a newbie comes on there and asks a question that only a newbie would ask,there will be more guys on there belittling him about asking the question than actually helping by answering him.because of this,some of those new members have never returned to the sites.But iv never seen anything on here like that,everybody is very welcoming and willing to help.In turn this site and the sport will continue to grow.
Just Takn A Day At A Time

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 12:23:00 AM »
When many of us on here started hunting there was no one or anywhere to go for help.I shot my first deer with a recurve in 1973.Since this time Traditional Archery has progressed to the state were at now.I APPLAUD IT! This site has done so much for our sport and I for one will fight and do what I have to to keep it going for our newcomers and for our sport and lifestyle as a whole.
Two years ago I helped four young fellas in our town set-up there equipment,it was all compounds ,acouple weeks ago I bumped into them and all four stated the same thing ,they all wanted to shoot longbows and recurves,would I help them? Times they are a changing.
In answer to your question we will all help you.Period.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 12:58:00 AM »
Just wait 'till February. Deer seasons closed, turkeys not gobbling yet, weather miserable, and cabin fever sets in. That's when the weird stuff comes out!    :)
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline greyghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2010, 01:22:00 AM »
Originally posted by Don Stokes:
Just wait 'till February. Deer seasons closed, turkeys not gobbling yet, weather miserable, and cabin fever sets in. That's when the weird stuff comes out!     :)  
:biglaugh:  You got that right Don.

Earl

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2010, 06:01:00 AM »
Remember it's the holiday season also people are busy with family obligations and trying to keep things together during what can be a hectic time of year. It goes in cycles just like the seasons of the year. Merry Christmas!

Keeping the Faith!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2010, 06:05:00 AM »
yup Don said it come the off season, you scratch your head at some post's and thats when the debates get going.It's like getting dressed up for Halloween on Christmas it looks confusing but you want to try it. With the influx of newbies you will be the one passing on what you have learned from the past six months and the circle of Trad comes around. Remember this site will always be easier than having a girlfriend on the side,plenty of good conversation without the hassle. They just don't look as hot.   :campfire:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2010, 07:16:00 AM »
I dunno, if Terry keeps posting those pictures of chics shooting in bikinis...
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 07:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by Don Stokes:
I dunno, if Terry keeps posting those pictures of chics shooting in bikinis...
Please post the link to this one. I must have missed it...lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 07:26:00 AM »
You learn some great things on here and some not so great things. You will notice that there are tech people who like to tinker and old timers who just shoot. I fall into the last group and am amazed at how people can go on about arrow spine and penetration, etc, etc, etc,. The bottom line is hunting with a bow and shooting a bow takes years of experience to master if you ever do. You can learn something new every day. The bottom line it is the bow, arrow and string, don't make it too complicated, you still have to make the shot no matter what equipment you are using.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2010, 08:05:00 AM »
My two cents is that you had some good answers to your question.  I looked at the post and since our deer trails are not concentrated like other areas in the country I didn't feel I had the experience to add anything.  But read the responses and learned something.  There are a lot of sites you can go to that you would have been deluged with opinions and thoughts, most of which would have come from armchair experts.  I have found that the folks on this site post when they have experience and knowledge to share, so the advice or comments are worth ten times those potentially found elsewhere.

Also people have been talking and living hunting for months now.  Even addicts need some down time. As the season winds down there is less ferver to discuss topics that have been rehashed several times since mid summer, as everyone was building up to the next season. Act on the answers you got and see how they work out.  Then let us see the pict. of that big buck you kill on one of the skinny trails.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
Lots of times depends on who makes the post.  Some guys will get 5-6 pages of replies regardless of the topic.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
Nothing to take personal. Sometimes you will see your post come back up months later. As stated above, this is a busy time of the year. TG is the best place to come for all aspects of Traditional Archery and you will receive many different perspectives on the subject.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©