3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ward's Western Field Special Hunter Recurve Bow  (Read 337 times)

Offline techieok

• Trad Bowhunter
Ward's Western Field Special Hunter Recurve Bow
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of this bow? If so do you have any advice..........good, bad, etc.?

Thanks,

Scott.
We're making what once seemed impossible, simple. And what was once simple, impossible.~Me

Member Oklahoma Longbowmen

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ward's Western Field Special Hunter Recurve Bow
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
Never saw one, but I bet someone like Ben Pearson, or Indian Archery Made it for Wards. Cool Find, what kind of shape is it in?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
There's on on epay at the moment that looks a lot like a Ben Pearson Cougar.  A good, servicable bow.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
I had one years ago.  $15 brand new on sale. I did not like the grip so I changed it and did not like the feel of the cast so I changed that too.  I traded for dog sitting.  then when my dog sitter had a yard sale my bowhunting friend bought "the best shooting bow ever, in new condition, for only $50."  Same bow and you bet, it still shoots good.

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 12:03:00 AM »
They had one down at the local monkeywards when I was a kid that my brother and I use to go down and drool at.Neither of us ever got it .Ill bet that it and theColt firearms one that another fellow wanted to know about the other day were made byPearson,or Indian.It was a nice bow though.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »
They are made by Ben Pearson and shoot very well.
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline techieok

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »
Thanks a lot to everyone who replied. I live in Oklahoma and it was listed on the local craigslist site. The pics are not of great detail. But the seller tells me it is in great shape and had belonged to his Grandfather. He is only asking $75.00 for it so I sent him a text. The only information he offered was "Special Hunter" and after a few minutes research I too found the bow Stumpkiller mentioned above on **** to get the rest of my info. I knew it was the same make when I read on the auction listing "50XX-28" as the one on craigslist was listed as "45xx-28". Pretty neat I think and I told him I would take it based on what he said. Thanks again everyone.

Scott.
We're making what once seemed impossible, simple. And what was once simple, impossible.~Me

Offline techieok

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »
Here is a pic. Am I crazy or isn't this a lefty? He told me it was right handed.

Offline Jack Whitmire Jr

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 07:26:00 AM »
Looks lefty to me
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any  Morals- unknown author

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
Agree with Jack.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©