3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: spine testers  (Read 523 times)

Offline mongo45

• Trad Bowhunter
spine testers
« on: June 02, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »
any one know the difference between the adams spine tester and the hobbyist spine tester besides the price?  is one better than the other?  how does the ace spine tester compare with the other two as far as accuracy is concerned?  It's nearing father's day and I'm putting in my request/wish.  Thanks in advance for any info.
tm

Offline Big Si

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: spine testers
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
Hi Mongo i cant help you unfortunatly but maybe you can help me i cant seem to find any spine testers please let me know where you can buy them from

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »
Originally posted by Big Si:
Hi Mongo i cant help you unfortunatly but maybe you can help me i cant seem to find any spine testers please let me know where you can buy them from
Here's the place I use most.
 Three Rivers, Spine Testers
Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline mongo45

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
Big Si,
As VA Bowbender said, Three Rivers Archery carries spine testers as does Lamont at Footed Shaft and Kustom King. They are probably many more dealers out there who sell them but i am only familiar with those i mentioned.

Offline poekoelan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
Real easy to make the protractor or dial indicator type. A lot cheaper and just as accurate too. Just another option to consider.

You could also make the pointer type like in the catalogs, but it's a good bit more work. Someone here just made one and posted pics. Looks REAL nice. It's about the only spine tester I've seen that actually looks like it should cost a hundred dollars or more. I think most are way over priced when you consider what you can make and how easy it can be. Although, this guy's didn't look easy to make. It looked better than any I've seen in the catalogs. Mine doesn't look anywhere near as good but it can spine arrows to the pound.

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
With any spine tester, homemade or store bought, one should make sure that it's accurate within the range of spine you are interested in.  Stuff can get bent or out of wack pretty easily.  Best to check 'em with known spine shafts like easton aluminum and re-check with those shafts periodically  ;)  ...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline ringo64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »
the adams works just as good....my friend has the hobbyist and i have the adams...not much difference.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©