3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Public apology to Zipper bows  (Read 624 times)

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
Public apology to Zipper bows
« on: December 21, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
I owe Bill at Zipper Bows a huge apology.  Yester I made a post on an add I started in the classifieds that was toatally false .  The riser that was for sale has some finish problems and I stated for the public to read that it looked as if it was a rushed job.  I had nothing to base that statement on since I had not ever told Bill about the problem.  It is not an issue for me as it was only cosmetic.  However damage from words spoken or written are like a shot fired from a gun and can never be undone.  It was never my intent to slander Bob or the Zipper  name. The fact is that this bow equipped with longbow limbs is the first non Morrison bow to take the number one spot for my hunting since about 2002.  

What should have been said:
The SXT riser has what I believe is the best grip I have ever used on a recurve. Both sets of limbs are smooth and quiet but the carbon foam are extremely fast keeping up with other bows I have that are heavier in draw weight.  The draw was so effortless that I checked the weight to make sure it wasn't lighter than marked. It was right on. Dealing with Bill and His wife was great. They listened to my ramblings patiently when they could have been working or hintingbut they always promptly returned my cAlls and provided answers to all my questions as if they were truly happy to do so. Billhas contacted me and informed that this problem showed up on some others from that same time frame.  A material problem. And of course he wants me to send it back to him for a fix.  

Dear reader Please understand that I highly recomend Zipper Bows products and the people behind them if your are searching for a new or used bow.   I hope this has not given a negative view of this fine product and the artists who create it.  If someone still holds a bad view based on my post, they should realize that I am not only a jerk but generally do not know what the he'll I am talking about most of the time anyway.  I should be for forced to wear a scarlet "J" on my chest.
Bill and Tracey, please accept this meager attempt at an apology.  You truly deserve better.

S. Brant Osborn
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Public apology to Zipper bows
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »
Good on you for coming clean but it would take a hell of a lot more than one negative post to muddle their rep. I have seen how they deal with customers and they are the best business people I have seen period.Not just archery business people. They are an example of how to conduct business with integrity and honesty.And the bows speak for themselves too. Its hard beating a Zipper.

Offline bad arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »
Don't beat yourself up over it. Anyone that saw your class. post will likely see this one too and give you a bye. Everyone has to eat crow sometimes

Offline Pops

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
You will find no better bow or better people
than Bill & Tracy. I have owned several different
bows, the Zippers are my go to bows. Bill & Tracy
will do there best every time thats all they know
how to do.   :clapper:

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
I appreciate the "man-up".

I will always try to acknowledge integrity when I see it.

Thank you!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
I was going to ask if you had contacted Bill about the problem. I knew that he would make things right. Bill is an excelent bowyer, and an even better man.  :thumbsup:  He takes alot of pride in his bows, and is always trying to build the customer a more efficient bow. I'm sure right now Bill has something new up his sleeve.  :thumbsup:  

Bill

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »
Kudus to you for this post.I can't base any opinion on Bill or Tracy as I've never talked to them.what opinion I have is a Zipper I purchased lately second hand but basically new.Over the years I've owned hundreds,yes hundreds of bows and my new STX with Carbon and Foam limbs,checkered grip and finger grooves is the top one or two bows I've ever owned cosmetically and performance wise.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the clarification and the courage to do the right thing.  Also a suggestion if the Mods would allow it would be to post on the classify forum (may have already) where those who read it would normally be.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
I didn't read the original post that you are referring to, but after reading your apology it sounds like a sincere, kind, and humble jesture that I'm sure Bill completely understands. He is a great bowyer and I like his hunting videos. They are as true as they get.

As far as his bows go.......nothing anyone says can curb my hunger to have one in my hands. I have been eyeballing them ever since I joined this sight and drooling over his work. I finally had to stop clicking on his link because it's just too much pain to bear.
Alas.......money does not permit me to have one, and I doubt that things will change anytime soon. So I must be content with what God has given me and make the best of what I can afford.
Be thankful my friend that you at least have the means to own a weapon of such beauty and caliber such as a Zipper bow, because there are others like myself that can only dream of putting our hands on such quality craftsmanship as a Zipper bow.
I would take the worst of the worst in a heartbeat and relish every minute that I was able to carry it in my hands chasing critters through hills and hollers.
Dang it.....now you all got me thinking about it again!   :rolleyes:  
It never hurts to dream of such a day.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »
God Bless you Brant.
I have many excellent bows made by excellent bowyer,the SXT is really a outstanding bow,craftmanship and performances are second to none.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  
Good man!
David M. Conroy

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
You're a big boy S. Brant to publicly admit wrong! Zipper has a good reputation. Otherwise would be for them to acknowledge. My hat's off to you sir. I'll bet 2 to 1 they are just as big to accept.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »
Good on you for coming out. Now what do I do with this lump of coal.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »
You handled that well and I'm sure Bill and Tracy will handle it just as well. It is always best to set things straight when you can, especially here with the Gang, where integrity is held so high.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
Brant I just found out about your thread here on Pow Wow.Thank you for the public apology, but it is really not necessary.All was forgiven  when we talked by pm.

A jerk?I think not!!In fact Tracy and I think highly of you,and this thread just reinforces that.You have gone above and beyond to make a slip of the tongue right.Please think nothing more of it,and when it is convenient for you send me the riser and I will strip it and refinish it.
Thanks again Brant.
Bill

Offline erierik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
Wow,it takes a great person to admit publicly when they are wrong..We all just learned a great deal about you.Doing the right thing is'nt always the easiest.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
Repentance and integrity is COURAGEOUS.  Good for you speaking the truth and showing us all what it means to be a "man."

Dan
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
Thank you Bill and Tracy
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
Brant,
Your effort above causes me to think better of Zipper bows even than I did before.  Anyone who would be so concerned about harming Zipper must think a lot of the bow and the people behind the bow.  My buddy in Maryland is very high on Zipper bows.

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowwild:
Brant,
Your effort above causes me to think better of Zipper bows even than I did before.  Anyone who would be so concerned about harming Zipper must think a lot of the bow and the people behind the bow.  My buddy in Maryland is very high on Zipper bows.
Well said, bowwild. Exactly what I was thinking. I might only add that... I don't know Bill and Tracy personally and haven't had any dealings or conversations with them, but after reading their gracious response to Brant's apology, I have the utmost respect for them, (as well as Brant) and from this point forward the Zipper name and product will be a source of interest for me. I always knew that they had a great reputation...their response here only reinforces that. Those are the kind of people that I'd want to deal with!
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©