3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Public apology to Zipper bows  (Read 625 times)

Offline 684Kevin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Public apology to Zipper bows
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
Steve Clandinin above took my words exactly.  I suggest everyone should try a Zipper before making their decision.  Discovered the Zipper longbows at the Kalamazoo, MI trad show. I test fired quite a few other bowyers products and kept coming back to pester Bill and Tracey.  I wasted too much time/money on other high end/custom bows before trying a Zipper.  My two have been 62" and 64" SXT longbows.  My new 64" longbow has the foam & carbon limbs.  Quietest, deadest in the hand, and fastest longbow I've ever owned.  First bow with bests in all three performance aspects.  Pictures of it are on trad gang's "Product Reviews".  Look at any bow that Bill makes. They are works of art. Great pride is put into every bow he makes.  I cannot imagine any bow ever leaving their establishment without meeting the standards/reputation set forth by Zipper.   Best bow building experience I've had to date.

Offline macksdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
Good man  :thumbsup:
Hoyt Buffalo   #45@28,#50@28, #55 @28, #60@28
Hill Country Wildcat 52#@28
Hill Country Wildcat Static #57@31
Rick Welch Accuracy Factory

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
I've met some of Bill's close friends and suffice to say, you'd have to say a whole lot worse to hurt Bill's feelings!!!  

Nevertheless, you are a stand up buy for calling yourself out.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
Been a Zipper fan since probably close to the beginning in WV. Takes a big person to come on here and admit a mistake, I admire someone who can say I was wrong! Heck I've made my share of mistakes over the years and am always willing to be the first to say I've been wrong. But to honest if I'm reading reviews on a product and I see one negative or slightly negative review out of a hundred I just blow it off. I doubt you done much harm to the outstanding reputation that Zipper has. Great bows built by great folks!
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
It takes a good man to say that he was wrong. Congrats!!!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
takes a big man to do what you have done! ive dealed with zipper and think highly of them and there product,and there customer service is top notch!!
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
Is it a mistake? Noooooooooooooooo! It's a learning!
-Fletcher Peacock, Water the flower not the weeds
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
This place just makes me feel good about folks !!
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2010, 05:10:00 AM »
Bill and Tracy are top notch folks that build top notch bows.Good on you for the public apology.Takes a big man to admit when he's wrong.
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2010, 07:23:00 AM »
As far as I can recall, this is the first time I have ever heard anything even approaching negative re Bill, Tracy, or their Zipper bows. I have seen and talked to them at  a number of shoots over the years and seen (and even handled) an untold number of their bows. This fine couple and their beautiful bows are so well liked and highly respected by trad folks in general it's almost unbelievable. I am sure that not only will this slip and subsequent apology (by both parties) not only NOT hurt anyone but will only serve to point up (further) the positives about them, their bows, and their service. Good thread and apology - and "fix" offer.

My continued respect and compliments to all involved FWIW.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »
I recently purchased a zipper recurve I can't tell you how much I love this bow so much I bought a set of long bow limbs,now I'm stuck since I like them both so much I guess an extra riser is in my future.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Bill and Tracy great people to deal with   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow