3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ILF RISER SELECTION HELP  (Read 314 times)

Offline RUTANDSTRUT

• Trad Bowhunter
ILF RISER SELECTION HELP
« on: December 21, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
I'VE BEEN IN THE MARKET FOR AN ILF SETUP.  I THINK A NARROWED MY SELECTION DOWN TO THE TITAN OR SKY 17" ILF RISER.  ANYBODY HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH EITHER WHICH CAN SHED SOME PROS AND CONS.  ANY OTHER ILF RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED ALSO.  THANKS

Offline bowbenderman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ILF RISER SELECTION HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »
I shoot the Titan, no complaints, but I do shoot it without the wooden handle. Also my son shoots this set-up.  Sets up easily, an is very tuneable. My bow has a plunger-button an a magnetic flipper rest, my son shoots his off the shelf.  Just my in-put but for the money, you cannot beat the Tradtech Titan.  We both shoot the blk. carbon limbs. Hope this helps ya!!!!

Offline 2 Barrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
Morrison has a fresh batch of metal risers in.It's less costly than the TT or Sky.And can be shot off the shelf or from a elevated rest.You may want to take a look at his web sight.Thanks,Jim
Never trust a bald man with a pony tail.If he's not honest with himself.He wont be honest with you.

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
Probably cant go wrong either way.  With that said I just shot a SKY 17 at my local archery shop and was very impressed with how it shot.  It was quiet, no hand shock and I shot it well at 15 yards with random spined arrows right off the rack and not set up for me.  Probably cheaper options but I wanted to give my local guy some business and a Michigan business some money too.  So I bought the SKY 17 in camo 60 inches at 45#s.  Good luck and enjoy it what ever you decide.
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »
Of the two you mentioned, I'd pick the Titan (and did). The Titan is about a hundred bucks cheaper than the Sky and in my opinion had a smoother feel to it but that may have been more the limbs than the riser.

I have the Black Max carbon but have shot the entry level Black Max limbs and they are no slouches either.

For what you would pay for just the Sky riser, you could just about get a Titan AND the Black Max limbs.

TradTech customer service is top notch also.  No brainer in my opinion.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
Here's a pic of Border's ILF hunting riser with HEX 5 limbs.

The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Avid Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
What Turkeys Fear Me said X2. Pros; Lancaster/Trad Tech customer service is top notch in my book. If you prefer to shoot of the shelf, the only Con is that the Titan has a flat shelf.

Offline beendare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
I've shot the Dalaa [ metal riser] and have a Morrison which I really like.

The quality of the limbs is everything with these bows and there is a huge difference in the cheap wood limbs vs. something like the Win and Win limbs on my ILF- not cheap though
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.”
― Edwin Louis Cole

Offline prh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
Have been shooting my Sky 17" ilf with Sky  carbon/foam longbow limbs for nearly a year and love it. A longbow that shoots with the best of recurves. Works for me, cheers prh

Offline dot 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
my good friend neil jacobson (bears paw bows) also makes recurves with aluminum risers. they also fit most ilf limbs. ive had one for two years and it puts other bow ive shot to shame. go to avianbows.com

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
I'd go for the Sky 17".  Great balance in the hand, the harmonic dampners really help, and the grip choices are many.  

I've shot their limbs too and would suggest a riser set up with any of their limbs.

Of course, Bob Morrison makes some beautiful wood/phenolic risers that are beautiful too...

Tough choices, eh?

Shoot 'em!!  todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©