3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Had to shoot!  (Read 293 times)

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
Had to shoot!
« on: December 21, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
I was reading some of the threads here about shooting, & one about a Bear SuperK.
I just had to go shoot. It's 20 degrees here & I took my SuperK to the back door to go out & shoot. There's about 8" of snow in front of my target so I went into the basement to shoot. I can get 11 yards from end to end. I warmed up with ten shots or so @ 10 feet. I'm shootig indoors & wouldn't want to put a hole in the door or something in case I pulled one & missed.
   I shot about 10 arrows & was doing pretty nicely when our Kitten came down & wanted to play with my Arrows. It got to where I had to coax her up to me with an arrow when I was ready to shoot. I'd shoot & she'd race down to grab the arrow. I'd retrieve my arrow & coax her back again. She'd wait till I shot & race down to play with the fletching. It was fun till I realized she might race down & put an eye out on the nock. So rather than lock her up, I quite after a bit. It was fun though.
When the snow melts I'm going to get after it seriously.      :thumbsup:    
Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Had to shoot!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
kool, sounds like You both had fun with the stick & string....

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
Well, our house is attached to our horse barn.  I can shoot out to 30 yds down the center alley way.  Its pretty cool to be able to shoot inside when the wind is blowing a gale or its raining.

However, we have barn cats...  They are all actually pretty tame and will let ya pick em up and pet em.

Sooooo... whenever I go out to shoot there are always the several "kitties" who just have to go down to the target to check things out.  They will play with the arrows and a couple of them have decided its cool to sit on top of the target and watch the arrow hit.  Its about this point that I, or my wife, have to clear em out.

Its actually kinda neat.
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline Carbon Jack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
In really cold weather I shoot blunts at hanging carpet remnants indoors. This stops arrows easily but the thump of impact scares my dogs. They think it's thunder and hide. The cat is unfazed.

Jack

Offline Robert Honaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »
Awesome.

I have to be very careful shooting with my dog around...he has run into my arrows stuck in my target.. Afraid he may stick one in his eye one day.

Pay attention.

Offline Carbon Jack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by Robert Honaker:
Awesome.

I have to be very careful shooting with my dog around...he has run into my arrows stuck in my target.. Afraid he may stick one in his eye one day.

Pay attention.
Robert, try wide rubber blunts against some hanging carpet material. Arrows do not stick in and present any safety issues.

My dogs are so scared of the noise they do not stay in the room with me. Neither does my wife. For this reason in particular I recommend blunts. LOL

Jack

Online two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by Carbon Jack:

Originally posted by Robert Honaker:
Awesome.

Pay attention.
Robert, try wide rubber blunts against some hanging carpet material. Arrows do not stick in and present any safety issues.

My dogs are so scared of the noise they do not stay in the room with me. Neither does my wife. For this reason in particular I recommend blunts. LOL

Jack [/b]
Bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
Jack,  That is a great idea, thanks!

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »
Frank,

Good to see you're not a frozen popcicle yet. We miss you around here.
Bill
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©