3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hummingbird Recurves / any shooters?  (Read 400 times)

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
Hummingbird Recurves / any shooters?
« on: June 02, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »
Hey gang/ have any of you ever shot a Hummingbird Recurve and if so tell me about it.  The only high end bows I have ever shot are Black Widows/ PTF/ MA/ Etc..  So this is all I have to compare another bow to... I would like to know a bit more about the Hummingbirds if you guys will enlighten me. Thank you for your time and any response you may give...

Steve
Blessings,
Steve

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hummingbird Recurves / any shooters?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »
One of the best thats made . Very smooth draw , easy to shoot and flat out beautiful . I highly recommend the Kingfisher takedown in kingwood or Bacote.

Mike Britt
" Live long and prosper "

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
I've never shot a widow so I can't compare it to a Hummingbird.  I do have a Hummingbird Kingfisher and have to say it is a very sweet shooting bow.  The draw is one of the smoothest of any bow I've had the pleasure of pulling.  It shoots where you are looking and is pretty quiet for a recurve.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline timthefuelman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
madness, I wish we could have met at Hickory, you could have shot my Widow and I your Hbird. Then we both would be alittle more well rounded!! Hummingbird is only about 10 minutes from my house, I'll make the trip one of these days.

Offline SC Dawg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
I have two Hummingbirds, a Free Spirit and a Kingfisher. I am well pleased with both.I have been shooting them for about seven years. Smooth draw and fast. Ben is a good man to deal with. I shot one bow for about five years and decided that I would like the draw weight reduced. He took five pounds off and got it back to me very quickly at a very reasonable price.

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
Blacky did a review on a Hummingbird recurve about a year ago for Traditional Bowhunter.  The Hummingbird compared vary favorably to the other bows he has tested.  I have shot some Hummingbird bows off and on for over 10 years.  They are very smooth in draw, well made, and hold their own in arrow speed versus most of the other bows out there.
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
Many of the gents that I shoot with do prefer the BW.  I did own a Hummingbird Kingfisher recurve, and I would recommend that over the BW.  

Saying that, you should try each to see what fits you, and your needs.  I don't think you would go wrong with the Hummingbird Kingfisher model ... Cocobola(sp) riser, with bamboo core limbs.    David

Other bows you may wish to look at are: ZIPPERs, and Schafer Silvertips.
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by timthefuelman:
madness, I wish we could have met at Hickory, you could have shot my Widow and I your Hbird. Then we both would be alittle more well rounded!! Hummingbird is only about 10 minutes from my house, I'll make the trip one of these days.
Hey Tim, I too wish we could have meet at that shoot.  I live about 5 miles from DEI. so we don't live that far away.  The CTA is having a shoot this coming saturday if you want to go let me know and we'll plan something.

Steve, sorry for the hijack!

Barry
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »
I own four of them and one 'alternative' recurve, but the ol 'bird is my go to bow.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
I have pretty much shot them all and Hummingbirds are right up there with the best. They are quick, quiet and nice to look at. They perform as well if not better than the Widows and are defintely quieter. Shawn
Shawn

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »
Thanks boys!

Steve
Blessings,
Steve

Offline Dan in N FL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
I bought a Hummingbird Recurve at the Hickory shoot. I've owned a Black Widow in the past, to me the Kingfisher feels better and is a little faster. It's also a really nice looking bow. I won our local club shoot today, so it is Undefeated in competition!

Offline DJT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
I have one of the aniversary edition bows.  Not only is it insanely pretty but it shoots amazingly.  fast crisp and where i look which dosent happen with too many of my bows.  I like it more tham my bw ironwood.
d

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©