3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: WOOL!..ya just can't beat it  (Read 707 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
WOOL!..ya just can't beat it
« on: December 22, 2010, 01:07:00 AM »
The last couple weeks I've had a chance to field test my new cold fighter combo...the New sleeveless  Treker heavy wool pullover with attached hood and roomy pockets. Worn over the Wool  Longhunter shirt has made for very comfortable hunting in some pretty windy and brisk December weather. It's not only warm but light weight and the sleeveless top allows good arm movement when drawing your bow.   :archer2:  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: WOOL!..ya just can't beat it
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:29:00 AM »
Nice!
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Longbow Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:46:00 AM »
Very nice indeed
Death Before Dinner.  God is my camera man.   I Love Motorcycles and I Love Bow Hunting But I don't Mix The two I don't put wheels on my Bows

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 03:29:00 AM »
i didn't know that santa is a bowhunter. LOL!
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline Cromm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 05:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
The last couple weeks I've had a chance to field test my new cold fighter combo...the New sleeveless  Treker heavy wool pullover with attached hood and roomy pockets. Worn over the Wool  Longhunter shirt has made for very comfortable hunting in some pretty windy and brisk December weather. It's not only warm but light weight and the sleeveless top allows good arm movement when drawing your bow.    :archer2:    

Nice set up. Do you send overseas?
I live in the UK.
Thanks for your time

Offline Ari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 05:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by ozy clint:
i didn't know that santa is a bowhunter. LOL!
What else would he do for the rest of the year   :biglaugh:

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 05:27:00 AM »
Ron your inner "mountain man" is showing bud...lol

I think your stuff is awesome looking and will "get the job done".

However I ask if you would help educate folks a step further.

I think most have gotten the message about upper body wear but not nearly enough has been said about leggings.

Leggings don't have to be fancy to look good. In your photo I see you have picked a color that will blend your body with your surroundings and still keep your warm.

"How cool is this?... Way!! I'm saying"...

Ron my friend.. you "Rock!"

Merry Christmas brother!

Keep up the good work!!

God bless, Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 05:57:00 AM »
That looks like a real practical piece of clothing, wool is all I care to wear when I'm outdoors. Are the sizes cut generous for layering?
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 06:58:00 AM »
Good looking stuff!

Offline Precurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »
Ron;

Are those Steger mukluks?  If they are, I'd like to get a review from you for hunting purposes.  I've been looking at those and wondering how quiet they are and what the footing's like.

Dave

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 07:40:00 AM »
I wore the Trecker while at Shrewhaven this year, and I really enjoyed it. Notice in Ron's picture that the pockets are set lower. They work well if you are wearing a belt, you can still access the pockets. The hood is nice too. I usually don't care for a hood, but I grew to appreciate this one. You can wear it "full size" for optimum wind protection, or kind of roll it back to improve you peripheral vision. This is a very functional garment.

Offline ChetterB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 08:03:00 AM »
I agree Ron wool is great!!! Hey Ron Where did you get the boots? They look like something I would enjoy wearing please send me some information if you would please, thanks Jerry.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
They're Steger Moosehide Mukluks. GREAT winter footwear, felt lined, warm and lightweight. The ones I'm wearing are the Yukon's in the tall size. I also have a pair of Traditional-Short in brown. A word to the wise, order them in a size or two larger than you'd normally wear, I had to send my first pair back...too small.

http://shop.mukluks.com/  

Mudd, you're right, the bottom half of your body is important to keep warm also. It's gotta get pretty cold before I break out the longjohns. I've got a couple pair of lambs wool LJ's, they're soft as a baby's behind and warm. Then wool pants and my Mukluks. The wool leg ties (garters) aren't really necessary but they help keep the pants from sagging above the boots...plus they look cool...    :D
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
For years I have been a great believer in sleeveless layers.  

My arms don't get cold very easily so a few layers (long john, shirt, jacket) work well.  

Then one or two vests or other sleeveless garments, either under or over the jacket, and I am toasty !  And I can move my arms and shoot.
ChuckC

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
Ron....... AGREED !!!

We made the switch a few years back and cannot believe it took us this long to catch on, slow I guess ? I have said it before and will say it again.... "Try as he may, man simply cannot improve on what God made. " Love how wool breathes and has such a large comfort range. Does not readily absorb ordors and is super quiet in cold weather. Also absorbs light and blends in even in solid colors. Mason LOVES his LongHunter !
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »
I agree, the sleeveless piece makes a huge difference for me and feeling more mobile during the shot. Great pics and advice, thanks Ron!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
Hey Precurve
I've been wearing the same mukluk for several years. It is perhaps the finest footwear for warmth,comfort(read lightweight) and winter use.I was never able to experience warm feet until I started wearing these.

Offline tg2nd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
@Ron:THX for the link
German by birth, Bavarian by the grace of god

Offline LPN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
Good stuff Ron, I like the idea of the attatched hood to the sleeveless model,,I've been wearing your pullovers for about 3 yrs now, they stop the wind and keep in the heat, and it's easy to pull the bow 'cause I'm not so bulked up.

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
It have to be wool what santa's wearing!!!
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©