3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: DIY elk hunt gear checklist  (Read 353 times)

Offline stick flipper

• Trad Bowhunter
DIY elk hunt gear checklist
« on: June 02, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »
I am going to start making a checklist of everything I am going to take for an 8 day elk hunt in colorado starting around the middle of sept. until about seasons end. I would like to pick your brains as to what I should pack.

thank you guys

Chris

Offline mobiltoy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: DIY elk hunt gear checklist
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:58:00 AM »
Chris, You will have to search here but there was a good thread back in the fall or winter that had several lists on it.  One was good enough I printed it out and will use it as a guide this year.
Where in Colorado are you going?  We are undecided as of now but are narrowing the areas down.  Good luck, Bill

Offline Duck1968

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 07:43:00 AM »
you might also go to kifaru.net and check out the message boards and essays.  The latter has an excellent tutorial on map and compass navigation.  If you have not been out west before, get in shape.  I found a stairmaster prepared me better than running-the muscles are used differently.  Also wear your pack alot to condition your back.  Real easy to carry too much "just in case" gear.

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »
Ohio has the same problem as Oklahoma......no 10,000' trails to hike.   :banghead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©