3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eclipse Broadheads.....Danger! When taken internally, may cause death. (pics)  (Read 384 times)

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
This is the warning label that was written on my new pack of Eclipse broadheads.   :D  

I've always been a three blade fan, but recently, I've been wanting to try a 2/4 blade broadhead.  With all the recent talk about Eclipse broadheads, I decided to give them a try.
I ordered a pack of 125's and glued in 75gr. steel adapters for a total weight of 200gr.  I was impressed with the craftmanship of these broadheads. The teflon coating was pretty "slick". While gluing up my broadheads, I spun each one, and each one spun true.  I'm not the greatest at sharpening blades, but it took me only a few minutes per edge to get them shaving sharp.
I was fortunate enough to get to put this "warning label" to the test on a recent hunting trip to Maui.......

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Luckily, I was able to launch two Eclipse tipped arrows on this trip to Maui.  One was on an billy that I stalked solo, and the other was a back up shot on an axis doe that I made for my hunting partner.  

Needless to say, the warning label doesn't lie!

The shot was a hard quartering shot.  The arrow blew through the opposite side shoulder with no problem.  The blood trail was great and the animal went down quickly.  I must apologize for not providing more pictures of the blood trail and the autopsy.  The goat decided to expire down a steep ravine and I had only an hour left to snap a few pictures,de-bone the meat and get back to the truck.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Truth in advertising!!!  :D

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I posted before your second one was up...congrats!!!  :thumbsup:

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
How many pounds you shooting Ryan? How big are those goats? Did the blood trail compare favorably to your previous broadhead? Just wonderin'  :dunno:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Very nice goat!   :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Very nice report.
Member: Montana Bowhunters Association, Traditional Bowhunters of Montana

"I don't bowhunt for a living... but I live to bowhunt the traditional way!"

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Guys!

Mike, my Stalker Recurve is 53# @ 26".  Comparing blood trails is a tough one for me.  I've been on a bunch of blood trails  of my own as well as others.  I've been on trails of animals shot with varied amount of blades.  It's really hard for me to say that one had more blood than the other.  I have some personal opinions about shot placement in regards to blood trails and be more than happy to share over a pm.  With this specific animal.  There was way more than enough blood for me to recover my animal which did not run very far.  I wish that I didn't have to rush, I would've had some great pics of "hand sized" trails of blood along the way.

Mike, this may give you a better idea of the size of the goats. One of two animals shot with the Eclipse broadhead.

Aloha!
Ryan

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice looking goat Ryan, are you about to become a 2 blade convert?
I've never seen a reason to use anything else. Except for a short stint in the 80's trying 3 blade bod-kins, I've been using 2 blade heads since 1961.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Ryan. Looks like some tough terrain too. Wish I was in good enough shape to tackle a hunt like that, looks like it would be challenging. I know how well those Stalker recurves perform, and I'm looking forward to checking out the Eclipse Werewolf and hopefully some of South's new models at KaZoo next month.
Merry Christmas,
Mike Gerard  owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Ryan,
Looks like I may be heading your way in March.  I've sent you an e-mail.
homebru aka nathan in parker, co

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Merry Christmas Mike!  
Pretty cool huh! Two of our TradGang sponsors are coming out with some pretty exciting stuff this new year!  South is coming out with longbows and Blake is coming out with the Werewolf broadheads.  From what I've been reading so far, it seems as if they will have stainless blades with an aluminum ferrule.  Right, left and double bevel in 150, 175 and 200.

Hey Nate,
I got your email.

Harold,
Not sure yet.... I do know that I'm going to buy some of those werewolves as soon as they come out.  ;)

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
That is a cool looking goat. Congrats!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Very cool goat!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I love the pictures!!! Thank you!!

The snow cover here in mid-Missouri is beautiful but your green grass has it beat all to heck!...lol

Those a couple of nice looking trophies!!

If those taste anything like the ones my dad and grandpa bbq'ed up for us when I was a youngster then you'll have some awesome eating too!

I appreciate your sharing with us.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well done Ryan,is that the 56" Stalker?
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline East Coast archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Aloha Ryan and Merry Christmas

Nice goat and I agree about Eclipse heads.  Been one of my favorites for years.  Keep up all the product testing you've been doing in paradise.
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Very nice looking goat Ryan and beautiful pictures! i am impatiently waiting for my longbow from South, and you don't help the situation any at all by posting this kind of stuff! (just kidding, sort of)   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for all the kind words.

Hey Mudd,  not to brag...,but I do love the weather here!    :D    I will never forget the story of your pet billy!     :biglaugh:    

Cacciatore,
Yes it is my 56" Stalker.  Boy do I love that thing!!!!

Aloha and Happy Holidays to you and you family Vince!

Hey Randy,
LOL!  
No fair....you're already on his list!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©