3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new bear grizzly recurve  (Read 113 times)

Offline bulldogto

• Trad Bowhunter
new bear grizzly recurve
« on: December 26, 2010, 04:02:00 AM »
How are the new bear grizzly recurves?  I have a few hundred dollars in bass pro gift cards saved up and was considering a recurve.

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new bear grizzly recurve
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 06:27:00 AM »
I had one of the newer ones and although I didn't shoot it a lot I felt it was a good shooter. Just like all the vintage Grayling versions I have owned. I'm sure you will get some better answers from some people that have more experience with the newer Grizzlies.

I really like the looks of the new Bear models that I have seen pictures of and can't wait to see them in person next month at the Traditional Expo in Kalamazoo Michigan. Might be time for me to buy my very first new Bear.
Jack Shanks

Offline Hit-or-Miss

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new bear grizzly recurve
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 07:32:00 AM »
I have a 2009 Grizzly in 55# I got in a trade with a Tradganger last summer. It is great quality, hits very hard, and has that classic late 50's look to it, but made with modern materials. As far as I know, the Grizzlys are not fast flight compatible, but who cares? If we wanted "speed" we would be shooting compounds...LOL!!! Anyhow, I find this 2009 Grizzly just as strong and well built as my 1969 Bear Grizzly and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. For $329 or less, depending on where you go, I think it will be hard to find a better recurve that is made in the USA.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©