3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lighten the weight?  (Read 116 times)

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
Lighten the weight?
« on: December 28, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
I just received my daughters custom bow & it is absolutely beautiful but the problem is, it's a bit heavy in the draw weight department.

I ordered it for 56" 26# @ 24" it draws to 27# which is fine but the PSE Buck Eye she has is a 54" 25# @ 24" markings but pulls 21#.

I know I know I should have been more mindful when I ordered her bow.

How would one lighten the limb weight & how much weight can be removed?

I know that my daughter is 9 years old & that she could grow into it but I'd hate to have it sitting there & not be used because she can't draw it back.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Online PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lighten the weight?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
You can spend money letting somebody else do it if the bow is worth that much to you/her. Or, you can grab some calipers, palm sander and some sand paper and do it yourself. It doesnt take much removal to decrease only a few pounds. Reseal the edges and she is in business. This would get a larger repsonse on the Bowyer Bench by the way.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lighten the weight?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Let her shoot it the way it is and in three days she should be able to shoot it with no problem. I remember when I was a kid and got an allen speedster, I could not shoot it more than 5 shots the first day. The second day I could manage about 15 shots. The third day I could shoot much more. After that I could shoot it as long as I wanted. Just try it for a week and see.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©