3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: a little help.  (Read 160 times)

Offline illwhttail

• Trad Bowhunter
a little help.
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:42:00 AM »
I am new to trad shooting, and need some advice. I fou.d a couple bows for sale on **** I would like some input on 1 is a new simick sage t/d 45# 62" , handle is hardwood maple dymondwood with black fiberglass limbs. The bow is brand new and comes with a leather side quiver. It belongs to a dealer.  He is asking $135.

Next is a martin jaquar,bow length 62",draw length 30"  30# at 28"  asking price is $180 this bow comes with case, 30 arrows some carbon some alluminum.  Should I hold out for something better I don't want to spend a lot of money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: a little help.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 02:30:00 AM »
Samick makes good bows. I've never shot the Sage, but have read nothing but good reviews. Lancaster Archery and TradTech sell Samick bows. I'd check them to see how the price compares. You will have a warranty if you buy from one of them. Make sure the aution site seller has a warranty.
Do a search of PowWow for each of the bows and read what owners have said about them.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 03:28:00 AM »
I bought a Sage for the step son. It is a good shooting bow. You can't go wrong for the price. You might look at the Greatree Goshawk where you found the Sage. It looks like a decent bow as well and has the dual pins for limb alignment.

Good luck.
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »
These prices may or not be worthy deals. Hunting seasons are coming to an end around the country; so, no need to rush into anything. Visit some shoots & try different bows. There will aways be deals to be had especially at shoots. BUT, I am NOT a fan or EPawn either. There was an Internature longbow for sale in our classifieds for $115 just yesterday. Great bow for the price.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
30# to 45# is a huge difference. You don't want to get too much weight for you to shoot easily but if you are going to use it for hunting I would suggest staying up to at least the 45# range.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline illwhttail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »
Has anyone heard anything on the samick deermaster it has the dual pins and it's not alot more in price. And would 35# pounds be ok to start, I know I need to hold it back long enough to get my anchor point set.    And thanks for all the input guys.

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
I have the Samick Red Stag and the Stingray, both are great bows. The stingray is a one piece and the Red Stag is a TD. If you get the Red Stag you can buy new limbs for around $100 as you build up. I would recommend either bow for a beginner or a veteran bow hunter. They are great shooting bows.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
Wolleybugger has added a good point. You can cheaply move-up in weight by getting another set of limbs. The Red Stag 3pc is a really nice bow. I was just reading reviews of the Sage on another site, and they were all good. "Nail-Driver" was mentioned. There is another Samick thread from recently that had a nice pic of a Turkey taken with the Sage. I see Lancaster has the Sage for $130 plus shipping. If it was me, I'd go with Lancaster. They are the company working with Samick to improve the Samick line, and judging by the two Samicks I own they are doing a fine job. I have dealt with them also, and they are first rate. I'd go to Lancaster's site, look the bows over, then call and talk to a rep.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline illwhttail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
Thanks for all the input, it is appreciated.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by DannyBows:
. There is another Samick thread from recently that had a nice pic of a Turkey taken with the Sage.  
That would be this pic. You can buy an additional set of limbs for a Sage for about 70 bucks, so for 200 bucks you can have 2 weights of bows.

Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©