3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stalker recurves by South Cox, post up pix !  (Read 610 times)

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stalker recurves by South Cox, post up pix !
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 07:09:00 AM »
WOW guys ! Im even more excited now after seeing all those beautiful bows ! I am pumped ! I ordered a 58" striker(short riser) all Bacote riser with black and red accents and Bacote limb vaneers. I should have it around the end of january or the first of february. I will deffinatly post up some pictures. Thanks to all who posted pictures, Hope there is more !
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 08:41:00 AM »
Any more info on the three piece?

Offline maxplan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »
Really nice bows.
Ed G.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
Hey Rick,
When I shot the 3 pc longbow, it was still in the r&d phase.  Since then South has changed a few things.
I can give you info on the prototype.  The speeds were comparable to his recurves(a couple fps slower).  It was really quiet and dead in the hand.  The one that I shot had no handshock at all.  I'm definitely ordering one for the new year.

In the field

60" prototype drawn to 26"

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »
Ryan will it still have the limb stabilizing material in the limb core? I thought South had a limited supply of the Actionwood and his Surge recurve would be discontinued when it ran out. Guess I could ask South but I hope he's busy building for KaZoo.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
Mike,
Yes he did have a limited supply of actionwood.  Last time that I spoke with him, he told that if he found a supplier of reasonably priced actionwood, he may continue to use it.

I do know that he will continue to have a "meat and potatoes" bow in his line up.  If I'm not mistaken, the Bishwacker may be that model.

Currently, he is using a layer of carbon in his longbows.  I'm not sure about a stabilizing material. I can ask if you want me to. Yes he is swamped right now, trying to get a bunch of new stuff ready for KaZoo.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
Thanks. I finally e-mailed him. Just hate to slow him down before a big show and the orders he has to fill. I saw on his website he uses CoreTuff in his recurve limbs. I'm guessing? he will use it in the longbow too? Not sure if torsional stability is an issue with longbow limbs. Man, I can't wait for KaZoo so I can check out those new bows. Sure do like my Stalker recurve, would be cool to find a longbow to match.

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »
Let us know what you find out, please, Owlbait. I really like those hybrid longbows...wouldn't mind a fancy riser, either. I'm not that keen on actionwood.
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
Will do Andy. Maybe we need to start another Stalker new bows thread since this one was about recurves? I'm not big on actionwood but when South puts that leopardwood, overlays, and accent stripes on it, well, it sure does turn into something special.

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
Charlie did.  Spent a lot of time with Jim while Charlie was in college and was tutored by Jim in building bows thus the spark was ignited and  the rest you know.

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by owlbait:
Will do Andy. Maybe we need to start another Stalker new bows thread since this one was about recurves? I'm not big on actionwood but when South puts that leopardwood, overlays, and accent stripes on it, well, it sure does turn into something special.
I agree. Please accept our apologies, Nathan, for the temporary hijack!  :(    :readit:    :D

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
Wow! More photos were added after my last post. These are very good looking bows.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
man these pics make me jealous.  had been toying with the idea of using part of my income tax on a new toy, this might be the way i go.
is it September yet??

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
Huntnmuleys,

Are you trying to get kicked outta the club...just PART of your tax refund?!?

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
I've been following this post since it started all the while having an add in the classifieds looking for a used LH bow to get me by until I chose a new one. Been without a bow a little while and I'm supposed to go hog hunting in a few months.  While looking at pics of used bow coming at me from the fine members on this forum, I kept coming back to this thread. One bow in particular kept catching my attention.

So I decided to give south a call just out of curiosity. You know, ask questions about his bows, what kinda wait time he had. "6 weeks" he says. "Say what!!!" I replied. Why was I expecting 4,5,6 month at least wait time!! Then I described the bow I had seen the picture of.

"Oh yeah. I know the one. I could get you a twin of that bow in about 6 weeks. Next thing you know, one thing lead to another. I'm giving him my specs and bingo!! I go from frantically looking for something to get me by, to having a sweet, custom for me bow that will get to me in time to be ready for my hog hunt. At almost the same price as some of these used ones that I have been looking at!!

So as they say, "imitation  is the best form of flattery." My bow will be the LH, 62" twin of Mike's (wapiti792) grey actionwood Striker! Thanks for the inspiration Mike. I know you said it's a no-nonsense hunting bow, but I think it looks sweet!! 56# @ 30". I am PUMPED to say the least.

Thanks to the guys who sent me pics of their bows. I really do appreciate it. But I have a really good feeling this was the right choice.

And yes, South IS a great guy to talk to and deal with!!! OK, I'm done.

Rusty
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 07:21:00 PM »
Good for you Rusty! Please post pics when you get it. South has an "HONEST" wait time too. He delivered my bow very close to the promised time.   :thumbsup:  Welcome to the Stalker Bows Support Group!  :campfire:

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
Thanks owlbait. Let me know when the meetings are!!! LOL!
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
Rusty good thing you ordered when you did, something tells me that 6 week wait times are going to be a thing of the past as more and more people become fans of Stalker bows. I've heard nothing but good things about South and his bows.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
Burnsie, I was thinking that very same thing!
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
Welcome to the "Family" Rusty!  :campfire:  

Ryan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©