3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: this place is special  (Read 479 times)

Offline m laughlin

• Trad Bowhunter
this place is special
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
i feel i just got here. it kinda shocks me when i look at the member's #. You/we have done well here. i feel like a newbie because i'm always looking for answers. i have little to give cause i spend my time listening. a leader i must not be. everyone here amazes me daily. my hat leaves my head. i try to help when i can but most of you beat me to it. i thank you all for a place of solace. happy new year. i hope you all had a merry Christmas.
"what your eyes ain't seen, your hands ain't touched,and your life ain't done ain't always safe for such easy judgement."-C.M. Sackett

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: this place is special
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »
Yes sir... I couldn't agree more and it's folks just like you that help make it as special as it is.

Granted you may not have been fast enough on the keyboard to give the help but the very fact you were willing to try says it all.

I can understand that, you joined in 06 and your posts number 580, so not just a lurker but no where near numbers of the top posters. (I think I'm in the middle somewhere)

I am glad you spoke up!! Thank you!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 06:04:00 AM »
this is  the best place on earth for sure i just love looking at all the hunting stories and pics. and when i can give advice or just make comments on other peoples hey Bro Mudd it dont matter how many posts ya make even if ya dont make many it is just great to be on this site. as many will agree.mlughlin just have fun  :thumbsup:    :campfire:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline iaduckhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm new to the site, but a lurker for a while. So much new& neet info, I'm hooked for life! Thanks to all for so many great posts.
Life in the fast lane is no place for a tricycle

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »
Good people+ good place = goodtime. My feelings about the "Gang"  :campfire:

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
Jeff B quote "hey Bro Mudd it dont matter how many posts ya make.."

I sure didn't intend anything negative in my post but I guess my intentions don't matter if they came off as a negative. I apologize, please forgive me!

I am grateful for each and every member of the tradgang family whether they've made 1 or 100,000 posts.

I would encourage any and all who have something to share to do so because chances are there's someone out there that may be able to use the information given.

Thanks Jeff for helping me see that I screwed up with my word wrangling.

I'll try to do better !!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline bendbig

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »
I agree one of the greatest places around. Some of the best folks anywhere.
Glenn
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me, Gen 27:3

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »
Can't believe how much I've learned, I haven't been here that long. Lots of respect for everyone here.
I really like "checking in " before going to bed to hear new stories/ideas when it gets boring around here.
This site is kinda like a big "cyber" peace pipe!
Too bad no campfire.....OH WAIT!  
   :campfire:

There we go!
David M. Conroy

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
Everybody on here can learn,this is definately MY home.I love how this site is run and I know my friendships made are truly genuine.I wish I could take you ALL hunting.I tip my Fedora to everyone.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline maxplan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
I've spent most of my time on another site that has produced many friends. I plan to spread out and get to know folks here. I like the broad array of topics and places to go.
Ed G.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
Nailed it M.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
Feel the same,hats off to you all!
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline snow leopard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 09:25:00 AM »
matthew; when i cease to have questions, i will no longer be participating in this life. this is the first place i click on in the morning, and the last place at night. with a week off work, i am on here constantly. i love this place, and the individuals that make it what it is-----.
"the symbol is not the reality"

compton traditional bowhunters
wisconsin traditional archers

Offline BamaBarebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
:campfire:
Bama Bows Hunter 53lbs @ 28”
Genesis 27:3

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
It truly is a blessing to have this site.

Where I live there are five bowhunters in the "neighborhood".  None traditional (though one has a son who "saw the light" but has moved away).  We can talk hunting, and bowhunting, but the spark is just not there.  Mention stump shooting or bunny hunting and they just glaze over or walk away.  It's like they don't want to get their arrows dirty.

Shucks, I'm glad I have you guys (and gals!)
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »
The number of registered members on the TG site says it all about it's popularity.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
im with everyone else , thats why i figure we need to setup a centralized meeting point for any widespread disasters. theres no one id rather have puttin arra's in zombies braaaaiiiins than my TG family.

and i dont even look at postcounts. saw a newb question (his words) asked by a poster with thousands of posts , and it was answered by a guy that registered a looooong time ago and had like 50 posts...

and  stump : i know what you mean. i meet/talk to a lot of people due to my job , and lately the hunters have been seeing something in my actions that they know im a hunter somehow... and when i say i shoot a bow i made myself , and that my quarry this year is rabbit and tree rats , they start talking about this 300lb 18pt monster they have been stalking... the one guy used the new horton crossbow that requires a winch . i asked him how fast can you get a second shot off , he  just had a blank stare and i laughed so hard. i said what if you get a bad shot? he said hope theres a blood trail

o.O
____
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
Yep, I think I'll keep hanging around.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
YEP
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
None better!   :archer2: