3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your thoughts on the Bear longbows, Patriot & Montana  (Read 317 times)

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
Your thoughts on the Bear longbows, Patriot & Montana
« on: December 30, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
Folks,

Long story short is that I have a wonderful opportunity to get both the Bear Patriot and the Bear Montana longbows at a very fair price.  Unfortunately I may not get to shoot them before buying them and I have no previous experience with these bows.  I am curious as to what your thoughts are regarding these bows?

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your thoughts on the Bear longbows, Patriot & Montana
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »
I have a Montana that I bought back in '99'. At that time the grips were "blocky" and took a little getting used to for me. The newer bows have a more rounded grip and more comfortable to me. The Patroit looks like the better of the 2 bows to me. My bow is only 50 lbs. but shoots well enough. I am saving it for my "older" age. I will round over the grip when that time comes.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »
The Montana is a good bow and a great value.  You could hardly go wrong with one, but the Patriot is a much better bow IMO.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline SteveL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
Bows are funny things, what one fellow likes another doesn't. I've owned both and preferred the Montana. I thought it performed as well, felt better to me and was just a better value all around. Try and see if there is someone in your area that might let you actually shoot one. That's the only way you're going to know which is better for you.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »
I am a Montana fan.

I have owned several and will own another.(God willing)

I can't seem to hang onto one. Every time I get my hands on one, then have folks over to shoot with me someone ends up walking away with my Montana...lol

I know I've seen and held the Patriot but it must not have impressed me very much. If it did then my memory is worse that I suspected...lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©