3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tomahawk Bows  (Read 412 times)

Offline BBWV

• Trad Bowhunter
Tomahawk Bows
« on: December 30, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Hey Guys I have another question. The Tomahawk Bows Diamond Series has carbon in the limbs. I"ve never shot any with carbon, My question is how do they do? Does it make it loud? What"s the pros and cons.
Thx for you info
Tomahawk SS 62" 52#
Dala 60" 50#

Offline coachA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tomahawk Bows
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
I have shot both wood and carbon llimbs and i have not been able to notice much if any change in noise. From what I have learned carbon is usually more durable and maybe 5 feet per-second fast. I do believe that the wood limbs might be a little smoother, though.

Offline Bob Macioch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
My Tomahawk Bow is very quiet
Hunt for you! Dont worry what others will say,if your happy with what you shoot who really cares what anyone else thinks.You will be happier in the long run and hunting will remain the fun way to get meat for your entire life.Enjoy the journey

Offline jfelkins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
Which model do you have Bob?
Chekmate TD Hunter II

Love many, trust few, row your own canoe!

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
I've got 3 tomahawks and one with the carbon core.  Carbon doesn't make it any louder, all my bows are very quiet.  May make it a little faster, but all of mine are different weights so that is a little hard to tell but my carbon core has become my favorite of the three just because I've been shooting it the best lately, probably more me than the bow  ;)  One of my tomahawks was a custom built bamboo core with walnut limbs and slings an arrow every bit as good as my carbon core bow.  Can't go wrong with either. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Bob Macioch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by jfelkins:
Which model do you have Bob?
Diamond Woodland Hunter 45lb@28"
Hunt for you! Dont worry what others will say,if your happy with what you shoot who really cares what anyone else thinks.You will be happier in the long run and hunting will remain the fun way to get meat for your entire life.Enjoy the journey

Offline mongoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
BBWV, I have a diamond woodland hunter, 50#@28". This bow is truly a pleasure to shoot/hunt with. Very quite and smooth..an fast  :thumbsup:    :campfire:
stalk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline Bob Macioch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by mongoose:
BBWV, I have a diamond woodland hunter, 50#@28". This bow is truly a pleasure to shoot/hunt with. Very quite and smooth..an fast   :thumbsup:      :campfire:  
AGREE 100%

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
They can't be to bad ,you almost never see one for sale or trade. To me that's a sign a lot of people are happy with them. When you do see one they seem to hold their value as well.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 02:57:00 AM »
There is no down side to carbon.I build all my bows with 020. carbon in the limbs.There is nothing with carbon to make a bow noisy.The advantages are limb consistency and added fps.May vary in some limb design but on the average carbon will add 6-8 fps.Hope this helps.Happy New Year!

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 03:39:00 AM »
Out of 5 longbows in my house, my boy’s Diamond Woodland Hunter is the quietest one of the bunch.

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Got a Diamond SS and love it.Very pleasant shooter and quiet.I'm not sold on the carbon however just the overall quality and performance.I think you'll agree after spending some time with her that she has much more to love than a carbon layer.I even like the  T-hawks my friends have that have no carbon.Hope you enjoy!

Offline BBWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help
Tomahawk SS 62" 52#
Dala 60" 50#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©