3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hype  (Read 187 times)

Offline great white hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Hype
« on: December 31, 2010, 02:03:00 AM »
Im really not understanding some of the advertising that goes on. I see all of the hype on grizzly stik arrows and Dr. Ashby sitting there with all of his pics and have to wonder did he ever really kill anything with a grizzly stik? And the Ashby broadhead? I have read all of the articles Ashby wrote that said the grizzly broadhead was superior. Now you can buy basically the same thing as the grizzly that says ashby on it and pay like 4 times more. Whats up with that? I think that it is ashame that the traditional community is being misslead by these guys out to make money on their fame. I just saw a pic of Fred Eichler in Traditional bowhunter advertising the new Hoyt buffalo. A totally new fangled bow made out of non natural totally machined stuff saying they teamed up with Fred to design the new bow. I didnt know Fred knew anything about bow building if so why did he shoot everything with a Palmer instead of somthing he built? Sorry for negativity just wanted to know how everybody else out there felt about all the B.S. That we have in the traditional world of archery these days. Personally I will stick to the wooden bows and grizzly broadheads that brought me into the traditional world of archery 21 years ago at the age of 13. Good luck to all of you. Dont get swallowed up by all the hype and B.S. there pumpin these days. We are traditional archers because we like the feel of the wooden riser, the smell of cedar shafts, and knowing that we are doing it TRADITIONALLY!
Shoot Straight

Offline Old York

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hype
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 02:49:00 AM »
I like your "Hype" title, your message reflects it.
"We were arguing about brace-height tuning and then a fistmele broke out"

Offline pow-bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »
Reminds me of an article in TBM where the author is blasting the commercializing of traditional archery and on the facing page he is featured in an advertisement for the latest and greatest broadhead.  I think that was the last TBM I ever bought.  Keep it simple and stick with what works for you.  The more of your equipment you make yourself the better you will feel about using it.
Nothing ruins a good hunt like pulling the trigger

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 03:14:00 AM »
:rolleyes:    :knothead:

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 04:00:00 AM »
Here is some hype for you, Grizzly broadheads and Zwicky broadheads are cheap tough and deadly.  You can save money by going with the older hype.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 05:03:00 AM »
I totally agree about the hype sells products. I've often wondered what makes those broadheads they sell over on ABS website be so expensive? I've never seen such prices in my life! Are they some kind of special space age titanium then glistened with fairy dust for the perfect annealing and hardness level, then blessed by the Pope and perfectly honed to a scary sharp edge by the Eskimos themselves?? I don't think so.

All broadheads  in general have skyrocketed in price over the last few years. What I used to buy in packages of 6.....now come in 3's and they are charging the same price for 3 that I used to pay for 6....what's up with that?!?!  :rolleyes:  
Good marketing strategy, but sucks for me!  :knothead:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 05:04:00 AM »
hype or not, you have choices.  that's a part of capitalism and free enterprise, and something you should be glad about.  i'll take the hard part of choosing wisely over no choices at all.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©