3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I feel the need to vent about slobs  (Read 569 times)

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
I feel the need to vent about slobs
« on: December 31, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
O.K. So it's New Year's Eve. I have the day off and I thought I'd sneak a few hours of hunting in. I haven't been able to get out since Thanksgiving.
To start out, the temps had been on the rise and it was very foggy this morning. No big deal; it'll lift. First thing I notice is 4 wheeler tracks headed for my blind. As soon as I get within 100 yards of my ground blind, it starts raining steady. This just keeps getting better. So I decide to retrieve my bucket seat and take down my camo netting for the season because today is a washout. I walk up to find that someone has added on to my blind with a couple big sheets of camo burlap. Add to that, there are 2 spent Remington 3" slug shells laying on the ground next to a smashed up Diet Coke can.  :mad:   (keep in mind, I know of no one who has been given permission to gun hunt on this property.) I look at the footprints all around the blind and see that they lead to the neighboring property where we don't have permission to hunt. (The neighbor is kind of a j-hole who thinks he owns more property than he actually does) I start to follow them towards the fence line, only to find where a deer had been shot near my blind and trailed over onto the neighboring property as far as I could see. This slob has no respect for other people's stuff, property, nor property lines. I do respect boundaries, so I stopped there. Now I'm wet, disgusted and pissed. I go about taking down my netting and brush. As I do, I find that he has left a Primos grunt wheeze call hanging in the netting as well. I'm guessing this happened yesterday because there was plenty of fairly fresh blood in what snow was left and he didn't come back to clean up after himself. I took all my wet gear, his two shotgun shells, and his call and headed home. I could have taken his burlap too, but I want him to think he dropped his call and spend all day looking for it.

On a positive note, my new wool longhunter shirt from ron LaClair kept me nice a cozy, despite being wet!  :thumbsup:
Got wood? - Tom

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I feel the need to vent about slobs
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Thats a bad day.  I would have placed a note in the burlap.

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »
Sorry Tom.  Happy New Year.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
that sucks.
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »
and im afraid its only gonna get worse.  seems like we hear more and more of these stories all the time.   sad.
is it September yet??

Offline rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
Sorry Tom, still 2 weeks to hunt in Missouri if you can get over here.
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
Tom:  that sucks....  Ya still have a few days perhaps there is salvation in there some place...

Good Luck and Happy New Year
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
Same kind of feeling when your house get robbed and the trespasser have been playing with your personal stuffs,sorry for you and congrats from learning and getting out something positive about it. Happy new year!
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 10:25:00 AM »
Let the land owner know his neighbor is trespassing and poaching his deer. If the jerk knows he has been found out he might stay away. Good luck.

Keeping the Faith!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Ricker

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Tom,
That sucks for sure.  Been like that here with me for 10 years.  I went from 2500 acres of primo hunting ground to zero in 2 years (urban sprawling and selling off of farms by the children), that was 12 years ago....it has been getting even worse since.  I still refuse to lose faith that I'll come along on even an acre or two to hunt.  It only takes a few square feet of ground in the "right place to have a great spot...........at least that's what I have been reduced to thinking.
Keep on keeping on Tom, hold your ground, step up and let it be known what you saw to the neighbor and all.  let your voice be heard, as I know you will be polite with them in the face of being "pissed".

Good luck and take care,
Rick

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
I'm sorry Tom!  

I know that something like this makes us feel somewhat violated and in truth we have been.

I can see a bright spot in your post and I'm glad you like your new wool longhunter.

I think sometime in 2011 I'm going look at both Ron's and Teresa's for something like it and a vest to go with it.

Happy New Year my friend!

I pray 2011 will be filled with His love,joy, and peace for you.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline rascal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »
Definetly let the land owner know about this, as far as Im concerned the people who allow me access are counting on me to help police their property.  Ask them if they are letting anyone else on the property and inform them of the litter you found and tell them where the trail led.  Dont go in mad just give them the facts, they will decide how to handle things after that.  It might put you in better standing with them as well as it lets them know you have their best interest in mind and arent just there to take advantage of a generous offer to hunt their land.

As much as I hate slobs and trespassers and poachers and generally disrespectful sorts its never a good idea to get angry and act on that anger.  Do it right and you get something even better than an angry confrontation with some jerk, you get them prosecuted.  Its the only thing people of that nature understand.
Hunt fair, hunt hard, no regrets.

Offline greyghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
2X Rascal.

Earl

Offline Two Wolves

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
Now I am Pi**ed! Someone "adds" something to my blind... it's mine, a fresh new "NO TRESPASSING" sign goes up at the point of entry and the land owner gets a call. If the landowner doesn't object, the neighbor gets a visit with garbage bag in tow of all of his "crap". He can then own up to it or deny, in which case, garbage bag full of "crap"(burlap, call, etc.)is now mine.  :)

There... I feel a little better now.
Striker Stinger
58" 50#@28

There is a cabin full of dreams in the backwoods of my mind.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
Tom, I was going to tell you a story or two about stuff like that happening to me but it would make you more upset than you are already. (me too) All I can say is that I'm sorry and I have been there. As far as the nieghbor thinking he owns more than he actually does, I've been there too. The nice thing about this site is that were all pretty much gentlemen, others are ladies. Together were decent people.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
Thanks guys. I know it's a bad idea to handle it right then. I'm definitely going to talk to the landowner about it, but that's probably it for me hunting there. The neighbor is a jerk and there's no telling what else he'll try. I hate having to worry about my stuff and myself when all I want to do is hunt they way you're supposed to.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
Tom,

That is good news -- about the Longhunter, that is!     :archer:    I really like my Longhunter shirt and hood. It sucks about the trespasser. It sounds like you are handling the situation about as well as possible. There is nothing pleasant about people who act illegally and unethically. I would report it to the game warden even if he does nothing about it other than file a report. I would also tell the neighbor about the incident and let him know you reported it to the authorities. I agree with the idea about removing all of the items that were placed on your property and letting the neighbor know you will gladly return them when the trespasser comes and asks you for them. I doubt anyone will show up, but it would make for an interesting discussion if he did.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
Tell the land owner, let him handle the jerk.
Bear in mind, that jerks like him don't learn, except the hard way.
You did the right thing. I know that is small consolation, but you will come out ahead in the long run.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
You guys are tooo nice. Had trouble with a neighbor serveral years ago on my cousins property.Could not catch him(Pre camera days)but kept finding tracks leading to and from his property.Denided it was him when ask to stay off. About a week before season we went to the opisite side of the neighbors property and used a piece of rebar to make fake rubs on a few(!) trees. My cousin could see 2 new tree stands in and around the "fresh rubs". Problem solved...

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
Thats worse than finding someone sitting in your tree stand on YOUR property which chapped me. For the guy to go thru that much effort adding to your set up, you know he could care less about property lines. Man... maybe something bad might have happened if you walked up and he was in there. So at least he will know you are aware if he does come back for the call. It just stinks any way uou look at it.
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©