3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new year resolution(big jim bows)  (Read 346 times)

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
new year resolution(big jim bows)
« on: December 31, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
Ok I gave up chewing tabaco three weeks ago,and doing fine. Also for the new year Im going to try and simplify my hunting,by using less camo and staying on the ground. As for bows I have two BIG JIM'S on order and planing on ordering another.Some things I just can't do without.

Offline gregk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new year resolution(big jim bows)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
I'm thinking of ordering one too, he makes an awesome bow.

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
i just gave up smoking over two months ago so i feel your pain.just think of the money we are going to save for trad gear.big jim's bows look great.i would love to own one of his longbows.for quiting smoking,i bought me a used black mountain sheepeater and am having one of my selfbows skinned with some nice copperheads.quiting bad habits does have its benefits.where about in ohio do you live?i am between dayton and cincy.btw one of my resolutions is to become a better hunter and go to more out of state shoots.glad to hear you quit chewing.happy new year,steve

Offline Mojo Rising

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
It sounds like BigJim bows are more addictive than tobacco! Next thing ya know they will be wearing a warning label.......LOL.  :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of The Bow
Morrison ILF

Offline SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
Not a day goes by I don't look at Big Jim's Bows.
Just got to have one, wish I could think of somethin to give up. Gave up chewin 5yrs. ago, hardest thing ever. Way to go thump!!
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »
Steve,who is skinning your selfbow?Been thinking about it myself.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »
bearclaw,pm sent

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
I've got my 2pc Buffalo Bow and have a 2pc ThunderChild on order. This is my theory on the addictive nature of the Big Guys bows. The beauty of his bows are just the come-on to get you to buy your first one. I believe he puts something in the finish that is more addictive than nicotine. I'm not sure what it is, but I know that once you've got one in hand, you just can't hardly put it down. It just ain't natural I tell ya! Not only that, when you aren't fondling, I mean shooting it, you are constantly looking at his site or looking for threads about someone getting a new one. You lay awake at night agonizing about wood choices and should my next one be another Buff, or the oh so sweet TC? Man, his 3pc just looks perfect too. Did you see that Snakewood 3pc? It just ain't fair, we just don't have a chance against it. I hope the tobacco companies don't find out what he's puttin' in that finish or we'll all be puffin' 3 or 4 packs a day. My advise to you fellas is just stay away from ol' Big Jim's bows, you just don't need the agony in your lives, and I'll get my next one sooner! Lol!      :scared:    

Happy New Years!!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
My new year resolution is to be patient waiting for my Dream TC to arrive. Yeah right... I won't make it passed tomorrow morning.

The agony of deciding on what I should spec out was agonizing. That's what you get when there are so many beautiful combinations. Thank goodness Big Jim is also an accomplished therapist.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »
Danny-The only secret ingredient in the buffalo hide finish is the blood sweat and beer's xx I mean tears.
Friend- I just repeat what my therapist tells me!

No lie though guys. The wood has a mojo to itself. I look at every piece and see a puzzle coming together. I end up with a lot of waste because there is just so much average wood that likes to hang with the really special wood. I get excited about seeing the first coat of finish slowly converting a dry piece of wood into something magical. I counted the other day and found out that I had over 55 species of wood in the shop and a few pieces on my mind to purchase.
I have seen some very beautiful action or dymond wood bows and know there are a lot out there. I have also built a few actionwood (plywood  :laughing:  )  bows that I thought turned out well and will build more. The only problem with the laminated woods to me is that the magic isn't in the wood. The bowyer has to make his own. It reacts to shaping the same everytime. No surprises.
Oh crap! back to the therapist.
Happy new years, BigJIm
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Danny I agree with you 100% And I've heard rumors of strange comings and goings from Big Jims woodshed Talk of elves and wizards and such

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
The wait is killin me! I have been waiting for my first one since May 4th! Hopefully it will come any day!!!
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
Robhood- I ordered my two this past june at compton. And will be ordering my eleven yr old daughter one this year at compton. I have ordered at lest seven new custom bows over the years. And never felt this kind of anticipa'tion before.

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
I have 1 TD Thunder Child & just ordered a second today from Big Jim!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
Fellas,Fellas,Fellas!LOL.I just recieved my brand spanking new 3 piece buffalo bow yesterday.After opening the PKg,which I could barley get open due to DANNY Disease LOL,I COULD NOT BELIEVE the bow before me.I had pics from the little Fella ,and each one tells a thousand words,but nothing prepared me for the beauty,simplicity and finish on this bow.Shes smoother than melted butter and smacks like a hammer.
In all honesty if you have a Big Jim on order YOU ARE in for a real treat when she finally arrives.THIS MAN PERFORMS MAGIC!
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
I was going to phone the Little Fella and personnaly thank him,BUT I know it would have cost me more money and another agonizing wait!LOL
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »
danny got me started on big jims bows and im realy trying to figure out what woods i want for my next one! every time i look at jims slide show i change my mind, and i dont know how much more i can take!!!lol     :knothead:  

ps. thanks danny now i cant sleep at night!lol
  :laughing:
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »
Steve, how long are we going to have to wait for pics of this Magical new bow? Stop tormenting us. Lol! Congrats!

Thump--I've heard the same rumors about that woodshed. Might be better we don't know for sure.   :scared:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
Danny,These are the same pics I had from Jim with the neat little Quiver attatched.Like I was saying the pics just don't do the bow justice,Man shes nice in real life.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
Danny you're right addiction is the right word. I just picked this Buff up. I wanted to see if I want Jim to build my next 2pc Buff a little longer than the one I currently have. It's 62" 48@28 Purpleheart and some "very rich" dark stained Zebra....like all Jim's bow a classic work of art.

Yea,yea,yea ...I know I'm a sick man   :)  

The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©