3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I hate Coyotes!  (Read 2028 times)

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
I hate Coyotes!
« on: December 31, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
I shot a doe Thursday evening, shot was a bit far back so I left her until the next morning, I found her 100 yards from where I shot her (shot was better than I thought) dang coyotes ate both hams and chewed out the shoulder. Seems like the yotes are worse than normal here. Anyone else have this problem? I hate to push a deer if you make a questionable hit, but what can you do?

Offline Ricker

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I hate Coyotes!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
Hmmmm, guess ya know what to hunt in the off season for sure.

Offline Roughrider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
Wait until you get wolves ...
Dan Brockman

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
For sure! That doe was going to feed my crew through the summer. It really fries my butt! The DNR released them hear a few years ago. I think that was a BIG mistake. They multiply like crazy.

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
The only good coyotes are the ones hanging on the fence.
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by slayer1:
For sure! That doe was going to feed my crew through the summer. It really fries my butt! The DNR released them hear a few years ago. I think that was a BIG mistake. They multiply like crazy.
They RELEASED coyotes? INTENTIONALLY?  :archer2:

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »
Yep they did. Dumbest move in the history of NC DNR!

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
ok WHY IN THE WORLD would they do that????????
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
Never heard of the feds releasing 'yotes. How sure are you of this and where did you get that info?

Coyotes have been spreading east for decades. That's how they got in KY.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »
Coyotes are lousy thick around here where I live. There ain't no way you could leave a deer overnight or it would be nothing but bare bones by morning. Sorry for your loss, I know it has to be disheartening. You've only got one choice now.......Revenge!

I just cannot imagine why any state would want to re-introduce coyotes? They will find their way down there on their own easy enough without any help.

Get out the calls and the rifle/shotgun and start your own little war on the vermin!
That's what I do during the off season and I can't even make a dent in the population. Besides the fact that they are getting ready to breed anytime and by spring there will be lots of pups. More mouths to feed means more destroyed turkey nests, more baby rabbits nests destroyed, and more fawns gobbled up as soon as they hit the ground.

NC should have their butts kicked!
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »
The only trick I know of on a bad hit deer where there are yotes it to use them to your favor. I learned this the hard way. My first year in KS, my PL who never hunted in his life hits a big KS white tail in the wrong end. Start trailing it that after noon. I trail until dark and it is on agian off again trail. At dark I pull out not wanting to bump it in the dark if it is still able to move. As we reach the truck I hear yotes all excited and almost made me go to them, but I decided we had enough and we left and came back the next afternoon I found the deer about 4hrs later not 150yrd where we stopped, and we were with 100yrs or less of where it bedded. The yotes jumped it forms it bed, and ran it about 100yrd and eat form the ribs back. This was the biggest deer I have ever put my hands on. I should have went with my instict and followed the sound of yotes. we would have found that deer that night. Lesson learned.

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »
Having hunted coyotes for many years I've read countless forums where so and so said his uncles brother in law's best friend's cousin's dad said the state DNR released those dang beasts for various reasons.  Unless someone produces a bonified document from the state that specifically states this as true then take all the rumors with hefty grain of salt.
Coyotes have been expanding their range for quite a few decades and now every state east of the Mississippi have them due to the migration.  
Think about it a minute;   BRIDGES over large rivers are an easy path to follow where there wasn't access before the 20th century.  They are the most adaptable critter out there.  And, yes, they do like the taste of venison, too.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
Live in Carteret county for 33 yrs, never have seen a yote up to this yr. Still not too terribly thick in my County ut up in Jones! they are everywhere.

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »
Coyotes are cool. They'll be here long after we are gone. Total surviors. As far as them getting your deer, if you want to be a part of nature you have to deal with the out come when nature takes is course.
Before you throw out the anti hunter statements, I have shot truck loads of coyotes, I just respect them for what  they are.
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bad arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
Yeah, hates a little strong a word for me, but they can be quite aggravatin' at times!....Phil

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
Hate em with a passion. Best one is a dead one. Next time leave some sox or a t-shirt out at last blood.
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
Hate isn't a strong enough word, IMO! Well, I actually only hate the ones that haven't gotten dead yet.

Offline bad arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
I hate ticks. And until a coyote steals one of my kids I'll keep thinking they're cool. I love'm so much I can't wait til I get one with my longbow....Phil

Offline dposalski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
I don't know if I love em or hate.  Are they good with Ketchup?   :bigsmyl:
Custom BBO 50#
Samick Deer Master 50#
Browning Cobra 52#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©