3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St. Jude's Subtotal: $70,252.00!!!  (Read 2498 times)

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: St. Jude's Subtotal: $70,252.00!!!
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »
I always have wanted to try Silver Flame broadheads. I would have never tried them if it wasn't for a good cause. Way to go every one  :clapper:

Offline LeeNY @work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
Wow over $70,000 and all for the Kids. If that doesn't make your heart feel proud.
I get a warm feeling every time I think where this is going and all the help it will provide.

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  

I even get a bonus!! Iget to watch my good friend Linc get a Tattoo.(I will film his experience)  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
L. Miller

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »
Well done everyone, well done.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »
AWESOME!!! I am new to your sight and there must have been a good reason for me to find it when I did. My participation took very little thought, and if you wanna know my reason then follow this link. Granpa Fred   http://www.caringbridge.org/ne/ethan/index.htm
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Online BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »
very touching fred. thx for sharing.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline Thunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
Nice Fred, very nice...Caring Bridge is a sweet place, glad you got a page up.  Ethan is what "this" is all about, in a nutshell.  We'll keep Ethan in our prayers, and hope the transplant continues to do well.  Someday soon, he'll be flingin' arras !  We'll wanna know about that, of course...

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
Dang JC ya beat me to it,LOL. I tried to do a total last night at work but got tied up with "work" lol. Just fantastic.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »
This total can still be added to with cash donations and TGMM memberships until 8pm tomorrow. Just PM me for TGMM pledges and Doug for cash donations.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline el cazador

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »
Very touching Fred.  That IS what it's all about! I'm glad I could be a small part of it.

Dave, most of my bids held so I'll have to hold out till next year for TGMM membership.  

I saw a post a while back that said it took $75,000 to run St Jude's for a day.  Wouldn't it be great if additional contributions helped us over that milestone?!  I'm going to include the amount of the bid I lost to help us along.

Good job "gang" and Gob Bless!

Online Bob T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »
That was my post.---My wife and I had the good fortune to visit St. Judes this past March. While we were not able to tour the hospital, we got to see the museum, Danny Thomes memoral gardens,and gift shop. We were told that it takes $75,000 in donations to run the Hosp.every day and the Hosp.runs on donations only. Donate what you can and bid as you can. Lets see if Trad gang.can run St. Judes for a day. ---- Everyone at Trad Gang should be proud of the amount thru donations, bids,contributions,etc., we came up with. I'm proud of all of you.  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
This is so wonderful to hear        :clapper:        

What a great turnout for these kids and truly worth it!

I drove for terminally ill children whom most were St. Judes patients at various ages and several since lost their battle only to win in eternity with the Lord and no more suffering, but they sure left an impression in my heart and soul with very uplifting attitudes and loving positive hearts.

Our family has personally been helped from this organization for my cousin who lost her battle to spina bifida complications at the age of 14. Though she lived a shorter life, the quality was possible because of their help due to contributions from people like all of you.

Plus the support and love that this hospital gives are what helps these families through these tough times as well as the medical care.

God Bless these children and families who are walking through this together, and to everyone who helped these families by contributing.     :)

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :bigsmyl:
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
This was my first St.Judes Auction and I wasn't quite ready for it, but I am proud to have been part of such a great cause with such a SUPERIOR group of people. I couldn't quite win anything so I'll send some cash.
  Bernie, you are too modest. You are probably responsible for half that total with all your pokin' an proddin' to get bids up! LOL! Plus all your donations. You are a True Treasure to our community. I'd like to extent a Special Thanks to you and Rose along with a Humble Thanks to the Moderators who do the heavy lifting.
  P.S. Harl, I hope you enjoy my Belt Buckle! LOL! I was about to put you to rest on it when the server froze-up on me! You were the better man this time, but next year I'll be ready for ya!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »
WOW! I am honored that I could be part, even if just a small part. But I am still doing a little dance.
I won the fudge, banana bread and java and suprize goodies basket. Oh yeah I won the fudge, Iwon the fudge. I will be bringing it to Compton in Berrien Springs to share it around the campfire. it will be cut into really tiny pieces though I don't think I want to share it that much......j/k  :bigsmyl:  
 :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline T-Mac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
Great, Fantastic, I for one am proud to be a part of this group. People who still believe in helping people. Everyone that had a part in this project did a great job.
Slow down and enjoy life.  It's not only the scenery you
miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where
you are going and why.
-   Eddie Cantor

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
That is truly outstanding! I've been proud to help a little and be of  some assistance.Great job fellow Trad Gangers!

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
Miss Kim, from what I saw this past Saturday that light butter didn't seem to make a difference. I was waiting for a fight to breakout over that last one.

Great Job gang!!! it's all for the children.
God Bless everyone.

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
Congratulations TradGang, ya'all did well.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »
Thank you Doug and you too DannyBows - As a very dear friend (Thunder Bill Wooster) taught me to say, "You make my heart smile!"
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
OH MY GOSHHH,,WOW TRULY UNBELEIVABLE, Awsome job to every bidder and for all who donated (thankyou) and a special Thankyou from my heart to the mods and everyone putting this on,,May our lord give you peice in your hearts tonight,Jason B.
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©