INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Solana Ranch -What a ride into the New Year  (Read 60722 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Solana Ranch -What a ride into the New Year
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
Izz

Did you see any spotted mountain gorillas over there?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Ray, I dont believe the SMGs like the cactus.They have enough trouble dealing wit you and chiggers and keep to the SC lowlands.None seen.

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
Izzy, a'int it amazing how much blood there is where they die???????????????
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
Michael, I guess they keep it all in til they lay down and let it come out.Never seen anything like it.This fella had an arra run from behind his last rib coming out in front of his shoulder and hardly left a blood trail before he laid down in 100 yards in an open pasture.

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Izzy:

THAT is a cool picture.
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
Here we are together.I was flying high in this pic.I still couldnt believe what had just happened.This was on New Years Day and I can only hope the year keeps on keeping on like it started.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2011, 07:07:00 PM »
I would love to show these pictures at the maximum allowable size but its been troubling me today. Time to relax with a glass of Malbec and hope the others start to post.Believe me, you aint seen nothing yet!

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »
izzy congrats on the beatiful buck but looking at all the blood i say you should take your pictures befor you field dress him next time. p.s. how maney rocks did you use to get that arrow to hit him. kevin

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
Nice Izzy !
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
Izzy, awesome buck.

I can tell by the picture you have alot going on in your mind. Trying to burn every detail into your memory so you don`t miss a thing!  :thumbsup:

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
Great Buck Izzy! That must have been one-heckuva-trip!
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
Congrats Izzy. That is a fine looking buck.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
That is a fine buck indeed Izzy!  Great pics of the two of ya!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Congrats Izzy!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
Here I am preparing myself to get Lambed for a week and Izzy roles a wine bottle into the jail cell.  Its on now.....

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
The actual story of my buck is as follows. Like I said I had hunted the stand the night before and saw a lot of smaller bucks that I chose to pass on. The next morning I hunted it again. Way before first light I was in the stand and could hear dee all around me.As the first hint of light I could see white on some of the deers heads. As the pasture lightened even more I saw 2 familiar 8 points and 2 new ones.I watched them foe a while as well as one bony, gray, ancient doe that had me wanting her bad.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
Iz, They don't all hold it till they go down bud...I've got the pix to prove it!     ;)  

Like I said earlier, this trip that I had been looking forward to for months, almost didn't happen!

As you all know, the Sunday night/Monday before the Tuesday I was supposed to fly out on, we got hammered with snow here in the North east.

After I got things cleaned up around the house Monday morning, and went out to lunch with the kids, I checked my flight, and all was good.

A couple hrs later, I checked again and read in bold red letters...Cancelled!

OMG!   The phone calls started, and hrs later, I still couldn't get a flight out of any airpost within 4-5 hrs drive. Nothing till Friday was what I was told.

I was devistated to say the least. I called Terry and Don Wilson who was already in TX, that it didn't look good.

Terry started making calls as well.  But as of 10:00pm, I had about lost all hope and called Don and Terry back to tell them the news....

So I went to bed, but figured I'd try all day the next day if I had to to try to get there.  I was up at 4:00am and got on the phone with AA to see if anything had changed. For thr first hal hr or so on the phone with a very helpfull lady, it still didn't look good.

But then she came up with a flight and asked if I could get to Philly(3.5 hrs. away).  Heck yeah I can get there!  

She found a flight leaving at 3:30pm. That gave me plenty of time to say my good byes when everyone woke up, get a shower, and hit the road.....

.....I landed in Killeen at 10:45pm the happiest guy in the world!!!

When Peanut drove me into camp the first out to greet me was my (not so) little buddy Skyler Wilson!

I was all smiles when I went thru the door and was greeted with smiling faces looking right back at me. I was soon shaking hands and huggin lod friends, and greeting some that were soon to become friends throughout the week.

I was one happy hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next morning we woke up, had a great breakfast, bought my license....then headed back to camp to get our gear ready for our first hunt that afternoon....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
About an hour later, all the while surrounded by deer I see a very large buck (anywhere from 10points or better)crossing the pasture about 80 yards out.I noticed that he had a limp. He walked into some trees eating acorns and watching the other deer from the shadows but never venturing close enough to the stand.About 5 minutes later my 8 point came out behind him, put his head down and ran the bigger buck off .When he was satisfied that he had the pasture to himself he came in to see what the ladies were up to.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Izzy's buck was a sho-nuff DANDY!!!...an eight point I'd have taken every day of the WEEK!!!  Lots of TX character in that rack for sure....

Congrats again Izzy!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©