INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Solana Ranch -What a ride into the New Year  (Read 60223 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Solana Ranch -What a ride into the New Year
« Reply #660 on: January 11, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
:notworthy:     :campfire:    :pray:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #661 on: January 11, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
It hurt so bad to see Larry so sad...

I knew this memorial was coming...

To be honest I don't handle things like this very well, I knew I was going to be a mess....and I was.

Truly one of the most heart wrenching, yet heart warming experiences of my life...It was an honor to be there and share it with Larry and everyone else...

Times like this make me think about my family and friends, and how lucky I am to have them all.  

Chris may be gone, be he will never be forgotten...rest in peace my brother...

•  
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Arrowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #662 on: January 11, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
Thanks for taking us along.
Keep It Simple

Jeff Kitchens

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #663 on: January 11, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
Curt, that pic defines this whole experience for me.When I decided to go on the hunt it was before we lost Chris but after it happened I worried that I would be overwhelmed by the sense of loss when I got there. There was a lot more celebration of the life Chris lived and the love Larry shared with him than there was sadness. Ive been around long enough to be set in my ways and beliefs but I have to say, my life was changed by the whole experience. I hope it helped Larry a bit and I thank him, not for teaching me how important it is to cherish every moment shared with family and friends but for reinforcing the need to do so.I thank all of you.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #664 on: January 11, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
Great thread, Congrats to everybody and condolences to the Surtees family. Thanks for taking the time to tell this story.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #665 on: January 11, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Well said Curt and Izzy!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #666 on: January 11, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
Man I appreciate the love and caring compassionate spirit I sense on this site and with this Thread in particular!  I'm a Christian and not ashamed to show my emotion when you hurt I hurt isn't that the way it should be?  Truly Chris was a brother to many that knew him and has effected those that he touched and even now that spirit that was in him continues to reach out. My prayers are continuing for the Surtee's family.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #667 on: January 11, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
Amen Curt and Izzy !
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #668 on: January 11, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
One more thing about that very special event...

Terry did an incredible job handling eveything and spoke very eloquently during the whole memorial.

I can't think of anyone who that could have handled the situation any better.

He's a natural born leader, and once you get to know him, it's easy to see how TG has become what it has become.

We are in good hand folks...

Terry, You know I'll always have your back, love ya brother...

•  
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Jim Jackson

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #669 on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
And the people said...Amen.

Thanks so much for sharing this entire journey.  To me there is no finer way to remember one you loved than what you have described here in these pages.  Thanks for taking us along.
Blaze out your own trail.

Offline Missouri CK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #670 on: January 11, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
Trad Gang Solana hunters,

For those of us here on Trad Gang who never knew Chris you guys have done a lot more than just tell another hunting tale.

When I heard about his death I really only recongnized Chris' name.  So like many on this site I hated to hear the news about his passing but couldn't really identify who he was or what his life was really about. It's hard to "get it" when you don't know the person. Those images on the last several pages and the words Izzy and Curt said really made the story of this hunt, and the story of Chris' life come together for me.  
For those of us who love this site and who have made friendships through it, Trad Gang has become our common bond.  I'm proud of what you all have done to memorialize your friend.  After reading all of this I can say that if my time on this earth was through, I hope my friends would get together and celebrate my life in a manner like you all have for Chris.  That is about the best we can hope for.  So I tip my hat to you all for your purpose, which is to share your friends life with those of us who didn't know him.  Thanks!
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #671 on: January 11, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
Very well put Mr. Kinslow.  I can't express my feelings any better than you just did.

Godspeed Chris and may he bless and keep you, Larry.

Sincere thanks for what you guys did in TX and shared with us here.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #672 on: January 11, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
Nice job, guys.  I am proud of the way that you honored Chris's memory.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Larry Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #673 on: January 12, 2011, 12:11:00 AM »
Fellow TGers,

How does one put into words the kindness, prayers, thoughts and words that have been shown on this site?  All I can say, which is not nearly enough, is "Thank You."  There are so many of you that I need to thank personally, but this site does not have enough space for me to express my heartfelt thanks.  Izzy, Chris Kinslow, DW, and Curt, your words in the posts above were right on the mark!  

Terry, I can't say enough for what you have done over the past several weeks.  Curt summed it up, he has your back my friend, but I'll be at your side whenever needed.  I enjoyed the talk with your wife -- she is an inspirational person that has broadened my horizon.  I can't help but think back on her words.  

Today at 1400 hours (2:00 p.m.) Eastern Time seven soldiers will proceed with 3 volleys each with a 21 gun salute and then taps will be played.  All will then be silent and the tribute will be over.  But my son will live forever in my thoughts and prayers -- good thoughts for a great son, father, and most of all "friend and buddy".

Goodbye, but never forgotten.  Rest in Peace Son!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #674 on: January 12, 2011, 01:25:00 AM »
Wow!

Well done EVERYONE...well done.

Thank you all so much for allowing me to be a part of this, even if only in reading and following along (I have read every post over and again).  You all represent what is truly good and right in this world that too often seems otherwise.

Again, my sincerest thanks.

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Online elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #675 on: January 12, 2011, 01:25:00 AM »
Larry we will all be there with you today at 1400 hours just as we were at Solana. This was more than a hunt, it was a celabration of life and the relationship of a father and son. Thank you for letting me share that with you and all the other great fathers on this adventure.

Sincerely, Ken
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #676 on: January 12, 2011, 06:13:00 AM »
:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #677 on: January 12, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
X2 Rastaman  :campfire:

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #678 on: January 12, 2011, 07:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by Chris Kinslow:
Trad Gang Solana hunters,

For those of us here on Trad Gang who never knew Chris you guys have done a lot more than just tell another hunting tale.

When I heard about his death I really only recongnized Chris' name.  So like many on this site I hated to hear the news about his passing but couldn't really identify who he was or what his life was really about. It's hard to "get it" when you don't know the person. Those images on the last several pages and the words Izzy and Curt said really made the story of this hunt, and the story of Chris' life come together for me.  
For those of us who love this site and who have made friendships through it, Trad Gang has become our common bond.  I'm proud of what you all have done to memorialize your friend.  After reading all of this I can say that if my time on this earth was through, I hope my friends would get together and celebrate my life in a manner like you all have for Chris.  That is about the best we can hope for.  So I tip my hat to you all for your purpose, which is to share your friends life with those of us who didn't know him.  Thanks!
i couldn't say it better
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #679 on: January 12, 2011, 07:50:00 AM »
You know, I've seen it written before when people share stories here, the reader sometimes is left with the impression that they were almost there with them.  That has never been so true as it is with this thread.  

Thank you so much to all of you that were lucky enough to be there in person.  Your stories and the sharing of the memorial service for Chris truly makes me feel like I was standing right there with you.  The tears on my face are just as real.  

When we lose someone close it always helps to come together with our freinds and family to share in our grief, and this thread, along with the others at the time of Chris's passing, have allowed us to lean on each other, just as we would if we were standing together.  This forum is an amazing place.  

At 2 pm Eastern time today I will be standing outside in silence.  Shoulder to shoulder with my brothers here.  Thank you all.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©