INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Solana Ranch -What a ride into the New Year  (Read 59302 times)

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Solana Ranch -What a ride into the New Year
« Reply #820 on: January 15, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
Thats awsome Boyd.That will give you a year the figure it out  :biglaugh:  If ya'll have any problems I'll give you a shout "NOOOO"   :biglaugh:

I'll let Boyd tell that joke it was a goodun.
Jeff Couture

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #821 on: January 15, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
Thats funny Cooch .... come on Boyd tell the story    :campfire:

I was in Cooch and Boyds hunting group along with Tony aka Chopx2 and Boyd kept us entertained with non stop stories.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #822 on: January 15, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »
awesome pictures... congrats to all again
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #823 on: January 15, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
Boyd great hog indeed, that is a great photo of you.  Truly captures your Ever present smile and attitude.  Jeff great picts of those  bucks, they were truly grand animals.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #824 on: January 16, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
I met Boyd for the first time this year as well,  you can't help but like the guy...he's entertaining, a left handed killer, and always smiling!!

That's the first thing that stuck with me about him...he always smiled and always seemed to be enjoying EVERYTHING!  I like that!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #825 on: January 16, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
Way to go to everyone on this hunt, one for the ages.  Thank you for the memories.

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #826 on: January 16, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
Dosn't OLE SHEP have a tale to tell?
Jeff Couture

Offline ole shep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #827 on: January 17, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
Boy do I.
Bob Sarrels 56" 56lb {shoots Its self}. Kanati  ( On our honeymoon) There is nothing a dip of snuff won't make better

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #828 on: January 17, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
I've heard some of your tales, and have enjoyed them.    :campfire:
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #829 on: January 17, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
:notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

Online varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #830 on: January 17, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
Congrats on the great bucks Larry and Curt!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline ole shep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #831 on: January 18, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
Well I had built some quad pods for the ranch and was wandering what they were worth. I have been around BB most of my life.But did not have the urge to hunt one with compound.But after the TGers where all out I thought heck Ill pen myself up. I mean in a 640 acre pasture with holes a water buff can walk through. The BBs home range. There is a old barn there with the corner knocked out. This will be my hunting spot for the next three days. BB only think of 2 things one is food the other is a big eyed cute little bb female. 2 speeds stop and look or wide open. After watching him cross 300-400yrs off.Thought chances are slim. In comes Whitetail doe,AAhh practice,Yea missing 3 times.Im pretty sleepy on day three.Taking pictures of grand daddy long legs and my shadow on the barn.Then here come some does up th fence. 1-3-7-is that the tip of a horn. Heart jumps into hunt mode in middle of my throat,have to open mouth to breath,its making a lot of noise that close to my mouth like a drum roll. palms of hand get slick sweaty,aim eye gets blurry,and I start to tremble allover. all the things i want to remember I have forgot.I just want a arrow to go out the crack into the BB. He gets in to position I draw,release and start to enjoy the flight of the WWWHAAATTT HHAS JJUUSST HHHAAAPPPPEEEND. Flash grenad,stoke ,heart attack?Temperary Blindness.Oh here Im coming to. I see a BB with a arrow in him.It dident fly over him!! It stuck in him,And there is blood coming from the hole YYYEEEEEHAAA.I fall from the chair landing on a knee with hat in hand.Tell him thanks ALOT. Trailed blood,good blood 80 yrds.Chickened out and go get Cowboy my  lacy dog.Knew he would love it just me him and a BB. He did I did.OK its over, Got to go get my partners see how they did. If it was half as good as my hunt I new they would be happy.I will get pics soon,Heck  somebody may have some.
Bob Sarrels 56" 56lb {shoots Its self}. Kanati  ( On our honeymoon) There is nothing a dip of snuff won't make better

Offline John Lipinski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #832 on: January 18, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »
Great hunting, everyone. A great way to remember Chris. I'm sure this will be memorable for everyone involved--even us reading it on TradGang. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #833 on: January 18, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
We were so happy for David..

He worked hard to get that Black Buck!

We all knew how much it meant to him to get it with a Stickbow...and a bow he'd only owned for a couple hours!

He'd just bought it from Carlton. Don and Sky set him up with some arrows that would work for him. He shot it some before the afternoon hunt...and went out and killed an extremely weary critter on his first shot at an animal with it!

Everyone in our group was thrilled for our buddy!

For those that don't know, David usually shoots a c-bow...but it matters not what he has in his hands. If he's hunting, he's going to figure out a way to kill something!  He's a true, hardcore bowhunter!

Unfortunately this is the only pic I have of this great looking critter...
•  

We were supposed to take more, but never did. But, I know some others were taken.
Curt } >>--->   

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #834 on: January 18, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
This is an amazing ride you have all had. It has taken me many days to read all this thread. What a game rich enviroment down there. Congrats to all!!!!    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #835 on: January 18, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
Buy a bow that morning. Kill a Black Buck with it that afternoon. How cool is that??????

Congrats again my friend.
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #836 on: January 18, 2011, 10:50:00 AM »
David, all I can say is...   :notworthy:  

Congrats again buddy!   :clapper:
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #837 on: January 18, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »
Congrats David. I need to talk with you about getting a Lacey pup.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #838 on: January 18, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
Congratulations to Curt and David on the beautiful whitetail buck and black buck. Two very skilled hunters!

Larry -- That is a wonderful outcome to your hunt. I am so thrilled to hear the "rest of the story". I agree with Doc Nock that the situation with your buck is almost a parable for what we can learn from Chris' death. Just because we do not see, hear, know or understand everything about what has happened does not alter what has taken place. When you and I talked, you told me that you had shot the deer but it was lost. Everyone thought and believed that your deer was gone and would not be recovered because no one could find it or figure out what had happened to it. Now you find that you had successfully harvested the deer and it was lying just beyond the point where people could know the real story. God does the same thing with our lives. He has a plan for each of us, and our lives all hold far more meaning than we will realize until later. What may seem to all of us now as a huge loss may be revealed later as a huge victory. That certainly happened with Jesus when his family and friends felt crushed by His death in his prime at only 33 years of age. Then they went to His tomb and found He had been victorious over death. His life and His death have changed the lives of others on both sides of the grave ever since He lived some 2000 years ago. Chris touched the lives of many of us during his life, and his death has also made a difference to so many of us. You, of course, have experienced those effects far more than just about anyone else. God worked through Chris in both life and what we call "death". I believe that Chris is very much alive today, and not just in our memories. I think God used your buck to show you (and the rest of us) that we do not understand His workings and His plan, but that our lack of understanding and knowledge does not change the reality of what He is doing. I don't mean to proselytize here; however, the story of your buck and the other stories you have told me of visions (dreams) you have experienced convince me that you have been given signs to allow you to know something more about the meaning of Chris' life and death. The impact that Chris had on all of us here does seem raise to more than a coincidence his name -- "Christ-opher". I think Chris came as close as most humans could to living up to his namesake.   :pray:  

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #839 on: January 18, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
You will all have a hard time topping this experience. Very happy for all of you.

On earth as it is in heaven...
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©